Stormbringer remaster

• i got it Monday :D

But bad timing what with meeting Glenn :singer: for a few drinks and some amazing chat :eek: ;) on the evening before.

Anyway. it sounds GREAT. the remastered tracks are nice and clear and sharp.

The bonus tracks jump out at you. you can hear Blackmore and Lord doing a lot more work than the original mix. love the longer playout on LDMAT. quite a few "extra" harmonies in places.

Great job remixing Glenn! :thumbup:

Hopefully Glenn can remix all of CTTB.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• I'm listening to it as I type this.

The originals don't really sound to much different than the originals, I set up a play list of original followed by remastered, but with Glenn's remixes, yeah shaprer, I'll grant you, although I'm not over struck with the "clappy-clappy" bit in "Holy Man". This track has been a 5* fave of mine since I first heard it back in '76 but this version only rates 4*

Just finished listening to this, and gotta say I do like the difference in the vocals on "Hold On" and the vocals-less version of "High Ball Shooter" is refreshing.

Overall tho a good remaster, 9/10

:cool:

• We received our copy yesterday. First I did not want to listen to it cause I had loads of work but I could not resist.
    The 5.1 DTS mix is absolutely breathtaking. It's like having Glenn & DC together in the living room :lol:
    Glenn's remixes are absolutely fantastic.
    Great job :thumbup:
    Now waiting for CTTB :D

:ghcp:

• I don't have this yet, but when I got Japanese mini-sleeve remasters of all three Mk III/IV albums a couple of years ago, it was Stormbringer that jumped out at me in terms of sound quality. A really phenomenal-sounding album, I think--the only one of the three that was recorded well, in my opinion. I'm eager to get this new version, especially for Glenn's mixes. Wish I had a surround-sound system to hear the quad mixes....

• Dang it!!! I've had to take down my rear surround speakers because we're selling our house. I guess it will be later this summer until I experience the 5.1 :(

Chip

• We received our copy yesterday. First I did not want to listen to it cause I had loads of work but I could not resist.
    The 5.1 DTS mix is absolutely breathtaking. It's like having Glenn & DC together in the living room :lol:
    Glenn's remixes are absolutely fantastic.
    Great job :thumbup:
    Now waiting for CTTB :D

What are they doing in the living room ? :D :D

Great Job, the new mix are amazing, never heard this LP like this ...

The best job ever done on a DP remix.

• been listening to each each day for the last week in my car on the way to and from work.

i have to say i prefer the instrumental version of Highball Shooter to the album version. different solo too!

the whole album should have been remixed

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• I will have to place an order with Amazon pronto!!

So many things to buy....aside from "Stormbringer", I still want to get the box set by The Move, some of the remastered U2 titles, the two recent Who DVD's....oh man, I could get into some trouble here!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Glenn Thanks for your work on Stormbringer, it sounds amazing! I really dig this album. Yes it is diffrent from traditional Purple, but a great album! Hope to see glenn live again soon and let´s hope glenn founds time to reamster and remix CTTB too!

• I would welcome a Ian Paice & Glenn H to double head the CTTB remixes/remaster.
    I would love to hear what was played after the original fade on 'Getting Tighter' .
    A bonus DVD disc should include a track by track 'hands on faders' like the 'Oz Unplugged '
    DVD package
    by our Man & IP along with interviews with the surviving members of MK4 in a
    Classic Album DVD Series.Too much to ask? Glazosifo

• Think the Stormbringer remaster is excellent.

Simple love the instrumental High Ball Shooter. It sounds so different without vocals and I simply hadn't realised (despite being a fan for over 30 years) just how brilliant Ritchie was at playing rhythym guitar !

Glenn has done an excellent job of the remixes and has managed to bring out the sheer quality of the songs which were originally overshadowed by the success and praise heaped on the Burn album and which people found slightly disappointing at the time.

• I managed to order a copy of this from CD Universe (I only learned it existed from this Board) and have been listening to it now for a few weeks. On the whole I would say that this is the best version of this album on CD yet. Certainly it improves on the old European EMI edition I used to have and on the more recent USA Friday Music edition which I also have. (I never heard any of the Japanese versions). The sound is improved, the liner notes are great and the Glenn Hughes remixed versions are amazing and reveal new and interesting things about the sessions and the playing on them.

Listening to "Stormbringer" again I am reminded of how great Richie Blackmore was (even when he wasn't fully invested in all the material as was apparently the case here), what a great team Glenn and David Coverdale were and what fine players Lord and Paice were.

I would love to see an anniversary version of "Come Taste the Band" in a few years too.

• I've had the Stormbringer remaster for a few months and really enjoy it! The 5.1 mix is very interesting, hearing all those little bits you'd never notice on the original mix, however, the original mix is still the one! :clapper:

• What a great job Glenn did on this! It sounds way better than it used to. Wasn't my favorite Purple album by a long shot, but I like it much better now. These reissues are so awesome. Damn...I miss Purple!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!