Jon Lord statement on MKIII reunion

• In a post on his website Jon Lord says:

It all seems like a lot of hot air and wild speculation to me.

I like Lars and what he has achieved with Metallica. He’s obviously always been very complementary in his comments about DP, and I love the story of his famous nine-years-old “baptism of fire” at our ‘73 concert in The KB Halle in Copenhagen, but if I was asked to be involved in a “Mark III” reunion - (which, by the way, I haven’t. All I ever said was that the idea had a few good points and a few not-so-good points.) - and I indeed considered that offer, I would not be able to even imagine it without the presence of Ian Paice.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• In a post on his website Jon Lord says:

I think we get a clear window into his thinking, when he says he couldn't do it without Paice! Give me a break, MK III were all about Hughes/Coverdale, at least in my book! Despite his comment, once the right offer comes in, the reunion will happen, it's just a matter of time. I didn't post any of these stories earlier in the week, as it's really all hot air until the time arrives. Amazing that Ulrich's comments caused such a resurgence of this topic. Must be a slow month for the media :)

• IT WILL COME AT THE RIGHT TIME

BUT IAN PAICE SAID THAT IT WAS TOO DIFFICULT TO REUNITE WITH MARK 3 WHILE HE IS CURRUNTLY WITH MARK 8

I LOVE METALLICA SINCE IM A METALHEAD MYSELF

I WOULD SEE METTALICA EITHER OPEN FOR DP

AND IF LARS WAS TO DRUM FOR THEM I LL LIKE THE CONCERT TOOO MUCH

MAYBE JON AINT USED AFTER ALL THESE YEARS BUT TO PLAY WITH IAN PAICYYY

I DON'T KNOW.. I HOPE THEY LL REUNITE FOR THE GOOD CAUSE LIKE WHAT LED ZEPPELIN DID FROM NEARLY A YEAR AND A COUPLE OF MONTHS AT THE O2 EITHER WITH LARS OR IAN THE TWO ARE GOOD SINCE IAN IS THE THE GURU AND LARS IS THE PUPIL.THE PROBLEM ISNT THAT POINT.

THE PROBLEM IS WITH RITCHIE'S STEP MOTHER HHHHHHHHH

SHE IS TOO PROTECTIVE FOR HER DAUGTER'S CARRER..

HOWEVER

I WISH THEM WELL..AND FOR GLENN N DAVID ALLLL THE GOOD

From now on....

:guitarmet \m/

• I think we get a clear window into his thinking, when he says he couldn't do it without Paice! Give me a break, MK III were all about Hughes/Coverdale, at least in my book! Despite his comment, once the right offer comes in, the reunion will happen, it's just a matter of time. I didn't post any of these stories earlier in the week, as it's really all hot air until the time arrives. Amazing that Ulrich's comments caused such a resurgence of this topic. Must be a slow month for the media :)

Sorry David but I have to disagree with you there! MkIII was about all the members equally! what would it have been without Ritchie's amazing guitar parts? there's no better playing ever recorded in my book than what he contributed to MkIII!! "Burn", "Mistreated", "Stormbringer" etc wouldn't have existed without him. Paicey's drumming is as good as it gets! his contribution was HUGE! his playing on the track "Burn" is second to none as was all his work, and Jon Lord... well without his amazing talents it wouldn't have been even close to as good either!

• This might seem like a round-about answer to this thread,
    BUT......
    there was a recent documentary on US TV, celebrating the life
    (and 80th birthday) of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.

At a certain point in the story, Prince Charles and the Queen stood
    on a large stage after the big music concert held in Buckingham Palace's
    "back yard." As the Prince complimented his mom's dedication to her job,
    I happened to notice who was standing right behind Prince Charles.
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    Yep, it was the other guy from "Fused." :eek:

So if Tony Iommi can be on the same stage as the Queen,
    then somehow..........given the right set of circumstances,
    the same thing might happen for Deep Purple MKIII.

I'll just keep on drinking my morning coffee from my ~

Hughes / Coverdale coffee cup!

axmuremoticon.gif

• Ray Davies met the Queen at some sort of function; it wasn't long after he had been shot by a robber who had just stolen his girlfriend's purse....

She allegedly asked him; "Did they catch the bastard that shot you?"

Now I think I know why my mother alwaqys thought the world of Queen Elizabeth II ;)

I think I would have been stumped for a comeback! :eek:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Agreed. Let's just do this thang. What I would say to the five humans involved:-

To DC: Stop thinking it's 1987. DP is a more lasting brand.
    To JL: You know you want to. More chance of a knighthood!
    To RB: You can still do BN. Bring Candace and mum on the retainer.
    To IP: Is Big Ian THAT big?
    and to our GH: You might be too good for 'em bro!

Oh and to supersub Lars Ulrich: Keep talking it up my friend :thumbup:

Heaven and Hell with DPMk3 at an arena near you! Soon?

• Keith ~ your post can not be improved.
    It's totally perfect, especially the comment to -> Lord, Sir Jon Lord :rolleyes:

axmuremoticon.gif

• Not being cynical but this could easily happen in a stadium near you once the others catch up with GH and see the reality of what's going on around them. $$ :(
    Can't wait.
    :D

• Heaven and Hell with DPMk3 at an arena near you! Soon?

then Blackmore does Stargazer with Dio as the encore :bouncer:

You are all living in the past. DC's voice is shot and great frontman that he is, he would be terribly shown up by Glenn. I dont think he would want that. i certainly wouldnt if i was him.
    And i wouldnt take any pleasure from watching that happen on stage as a fan either. DP MKIII's reputation would be damaged if that happened.

Doing an studio album where he can blend in with Glenn is the more sensible solution.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• I can see where you are coming from wolfy but 'living in the past' is not how I would term my own angle on it. Whatever happens or doesn't is ok with me because we have Glenn's solo stuff to keep us happy. But then again it has hit the media.

I know what you mean about DC's recent performances, but Glenn is a professional and wouldn't like to see his buddy marginalised. In many ways maybe it's the vocal help DC needs to take the pressure off. Here's an opportunity for David and Glenn to team work for the greater good as they did on the studio albums.

Anyway whatever will be will be.

• Yes sadly DC's voice isn't what it once was, he doesn't have the high mid range voice at all anymore, and that's the range most of his Purple parts were in. Apparently, the Whitesnake boys tried to get him to do Mistreated in recent times and it didn't work, Dave said it was like trying to put on an old pair of clothes that don't fit anymore. David in his hey day is my favourite singer ever, I'd still love to hear him sing with Glenn again ,but maybe doing a Coverdale/Hughes project would work better, writing some new material that suits them now without the pressure on Coverdale to sound like he did 30 years ago. Sadly when Glenn was asked if this was a possibility, he thought it wouldn't me significant enough without it being a MkIII reunion :confused:

• ...c'mon everybody,leave this thing alone...MK III was great chapter in Purple history,let the legend live forever...
    Am I right?!
    No one wants this,even me,greatest fan of MKIII ;)
    What if it turns to be bad idea at some point during the tour?!?!
    No one would like this to happen...especially us...big fans of MKIII...
    And Lars playin' Lay down stay down?!?!
    Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahhaahahah :lol: :confused:

Maybe I'm off the topic,but,you know what I mean...
    (and yes I'm drunk if anybody asks...;)
    Love ya! :claphands

Dance to the R'n'R!!!! :singer:

• I used to mention a Hughes / Coverdale Project collaberation when I used to post regular on David's forum. David replies to a lot of the questions on there, but he always used to ignore this when it came up. Its a pity really as it would be a stormer.
    I was listening to Burn last night in the car, first time I've played it in ages. Brought some great memories back !

Roll on the reunion :D

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!