Return of the mighty Blackmore Strat!

• Fender's bringing back the Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster in 2009.

The specs include a maple neck with a graduated scalloped rosewood fretboard, Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Flat pickups, and ’70s-style “F” tuners. Deluxe gig bag included!

If you can't wait until NAMM for them to be released, there's a 1997 Ritchie Blackmore Strat on eBay at the moment!

• Oh I'm a proud owner of a Ritchie 1997. How many nights it's filled me with pleasure since its' purchase on Sept 18, 1998. (especially when I used to do my late night after the gig cruise ship practice to cd's at full volume guitar sessions) I got so much better on guitar after I added it to my stable. I recently had a guitar expert go through and found it had a bowed neck. It still plays great after he set it up though and it's not really noticeable. I just didn't know my stuff back when I bought it. I would have any guitar I bought now fully inspected after a purchase. I just love playing Rainbow, Purple and Bolin stuff on this guitar. Curiously it's actually awful for any kind of Mark Knopfler or Robert Cray Strat stuff...but that's not what I bought it for. I will surely head over to the Fender booth thanks David!

John

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!