Working with Ken Hensley once more

• As you may have seen from Glenn's latest tweet (!), he is currently in Spain to record a couple of songs for Ken Hensley and his latest project.

According to Ken's website, his new album is going to be a lot different than his previous 2007 release, 'Blood On The Highway'.

Whatever the case, look forward to hearing Glenn's contributions :thumbup:

• I really liked Glenn's work with Ken on Blood on the Highway, so I'm really looking forward to this. Any word on a release date? Any chance there's a teaser clip out there somewhere???

• Pretty cool. I was actually just listening to Uriah Heep's Wizards & Demons. Bought it last week, great record. Hensley is a fantastic keyboard player although I'm not familiar with his solo stuff, but I'll check this out when it's released.

I don't think I listen to any vocalist who does as many sessions as Glenn. But that's not a bad thing :D

• Pretty cool. I was actually just listening to Uriah Heep's Wizards & Demons. Bought it last week, great record. Hensley is a fantastic keyboard player although I'm not familiar with his solo stuff, but I'll check this out when it's released.

I don't think I listen to any vocalist who does as many sessions as Glenn. But that's not a bad thing :D

Glenn does seem to be much in demand -- but, in the music biz, that's only a good thing. It's also great for fans (if they can afford to keep up, that is).

Demons & Wizards is a great record. Some of their albums are of varying quality, due to frequent line-up changes -- but the good ones are well worth the price of admission.

Ken Hensley's Blood on the Highway has some meaty Hammond organ playing on it. It's not as proggy as Heep sometimes got, but it's a great album, nonetheless (though your mileage may vary) :)

• Received the June issue of Record Collector today in the mail. In an advert for Cherry Red Records, Glenn is guesting on Ken's album Love & Other Mysteries. This must be the release, since it stated that...Love & Mysteries is the result of three years spent in the studio crafting an intensely personal album.

Chip

• Glenn & Santra Salkova are featured on the second song ('Romance') of the album.

I'm very curious.
    Always been a fan of Ken, but most of his solo albums are hit & miss.

With Uriah Heep he was (for me) the main contributor and was responsible for a lot of great tracks.

• Here's a brief snippet of Glenn and Santra Salkova on the song, "Romance"... the album, Love & Other Mysteries, is available and out now!

http://amzn.to/NxnWWN

You may recall Glenn tweeted about the session back in December 2008...

I am standing @ the microphone in a studio in Alicante, Spain, about to sing a song 4 my friend Ken Hensley...here we go... a duet with a fabulous girl singer from Bulgaria named Santra...she gets my vote

• Ever since the artwork for this album was released, I've been wondering how Mr. Hensley could sanction a cover as awful as this?! :huh:
    Looking forward to listening to the music though!

MEDUSA

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!