Live in the USA 2009

• I realize he has nothing to do with this. It is however outrageous! 9:30!? If he's running late because of any glitches we may not even get a full show. In fact his full show probably is longer than 90 minutes. He should cut the opening act or at least their set.

Why is this? Does anybody have any insight as to why they would have this show and leave so little time for it?

I will be at the Sunday thing but I feel really bad for those who are only going to be there for this show.

I'm sure Glenn is not the least bit happy about this.

• That does suck that he can't do that. I mean there are people coming in from all over the world for this. To spring something like this at this hour is bad.

I can only imagine the level of anger!

In all my years and I ain't that young lol I've never even heard of such a thing.

• Well, as someone who has had this happen before, for various reasons (club rules, long set changes that hinder headliners sets) I feel for you NY. It's too bad this has happened in such a manner. But make the most of it, remember, you are getting a chance to see the Voice Of Rock!

:bouncer: :claphands :singer:

• I think the reason for the tight schedule is that there is something scheduled right after Glenn's performance...so this isn't really a surprise, not that it makes anyone feel better.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone that is coming to town for the show; old friends and new...

I may do another recon trip into the city tomorrow..so PM me and we will see what we can do for a get together before or after the show. The restaurant at the Chelsea Pier looked pretty good..and the beer was reasonable and quite tasty! But we can toss it around!

Have a great week everyone!! :thumbup: Three days and counting!! :bouncer:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Everything is ready, luggages ...

Tomorrow morning flight to NYC at 10 :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

Tomorrow night Allman Brothers : Hope to see you there Mr Bart

The 2 days after : GLENN HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHES IN NYC :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

What a week end

And so happy to see you alla gain guys & girls ;)

• A Curfew? What does that mean? Everybody out at 9:30 for the club crowd? Strange.

BTW, How long does Glenn usually perform for?

• A Curfew? What does that mean? Everybody out at 9:30 for the club crowd? Strange.

BTW, How long does Glenn usually perform for?

2 to 2-1/2 hours.

Less than 24 hours? Did I miss something. The Highline show is still Saturday night, right?

He's referring to the Foxboro, MA. gig tomorrow night (Friday).

• There were a couple venues in Vegas that had / have the same kind of setup, where shows need to be over at a particular time because they had / have a regularly scheduled weekly or monthly event, which is highly successful for the venue. And a concert would be lower on the totem pole, so to speak. Same situation with the Highline, from what I gather. Unfortunate, but you guys will have a great time nevertheless...

Cheers...Todd

• My question is why can't they just cut the opening act? We aren't paying to see them. This is no disrspect to the guy. But these fine people here aren't flying and driving from all over the world to see him. The doors open at 6. Why not have this guy come on at 6:30? Or not at all and have Glenn come on at 7 and play a full show?

Like others are saying, I know we'll all have fun regardless. But as David said his normal set is 2 to 2-1/2 hrs long. Somehow we are not getting what we should be. God forbid there are any problems and we won't even get the 90 minutes. Frustrating.

• Glenn will give you in 90 minutes what most performers put out in an entire tour !!!
    One week plus one day for me and the WEST COAST GHCP :singer:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Well there is no question as to the level of the performance! I don't think anyone who has seen him will argue that.

Just start at 7 or 7:30 and all will be right with the world! :clapper:

• It has been reiterated in another thread...and I noted this when Glenn's show was put on the schedule, but at 11:00 the venue becomes a dance club. I imagine there will be tables set up for Glenn's show and the time between 2130 when Glenn is supposed to be finished and 2300 when the dance club opens is need to pack up the tables and get the room ready....

Luke Mulholland is not wearing the black hat here.

I am psyched to see everyone..I do have a few phone numbers and will be in touch with some folks...hopefully we can set up a place to commiserate before the show.

Here's hoping all you folks up in Boston have a killer night of GH funk n' soul....:thumbup::cool:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I am hours away from seeing Glenn live in Foxboro Ma. I cant wait to have my son and daughter see and hear Glenn's music live.

Maz

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!