• i have not heard back, but because of the relative short notice, I went ahead and bought a different plane ticket home. I know that this may be considered counting my chicken before the egg has hatched, but I felt that I had to make a move .
    keeping my fingers crossed.

• Has anybody heard back about the Mar. 29 show at the former CBGB's? I've sent in my RSVP for it--that's pretty awesome.

I'm awaiting word on when you can expect a response/confirmation of your request, but I suspect it will not be until a few days beforehand.

Will post again when I have the details.

• thanks for the update David (even if it wasn't really updating us ;) ) but at least we still know that no news could still be good news. I/we are hoping that since I olny saw a few people from our site say that they RSVPed, then our chances will hopefully be pretty good.
    we'll keep the freak flag flying,

• Hi Bart,

Same here - me and Penny have taken the plunge and 'transferred' our flights so we can delay our return to the UK and hopefully catch the second gig.

See you in NYC!!

Mikey D

• Here's hoping we hear back fairly soon about the private gig. For me, it isn't a problem since I live here..but I am thinking about the folks that are flying in and might have to/want to change their schedules...I just took Sunday night off as well....

Which brings me to my next point....the Foxboro show.

I have the time off and am still tossing around the thought of making the trip up there...it is about a 4 hour drive from here. I know that Chris Mazzeo is going to that show... anyone else??

I also thought about doing the LA show as well....I can fly on Jet Blue to Long Beach for free...that just comes down to having the cash...

Let's see how things go...

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Wish I could go to all the U.S. shows, too. I hadn't booked my accommodations until after the second NYC show was added, but it's simple for me, in any event, since I take the cheapo bus from Washington DC. If I don't get an invitation to the second gig, there's only about a zillion jazz clubs in NYC I'd like to check out, so it's not like the time would be wasted.

I'm staying at an inexpensive (for NYC) hotel over on E. 17th near Union Square.

• I'll be there Bill...fly in and out on JetBlue no less :eek: :)

David, do you know if you are going to LA yet?

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• hello iced721, welcome on board here w/ us. I know you'll love the show when you get to see Glenn play. If you wonder up towards the front, you're probably gonna run into some folks from our site there. it's gonna be another great show, as all of G.'s shows are. lots of grest things on this site to take up a lot of your time as well. If you're looking for anything specific, the "search" feature will help you a lot. (see how i saved you from saying that David ;) )
    peace,

• I know NYC is the place to be in March, but I am still looking for people who are going to the Whiskey show in LA. SO far we have myself, Chip and John H, and no one else, is this possible ?
    CHip and I are driving in from Phoenix the morning of the gig and are looking to find other GHCPs to meet up with.

And an aside: Ticketmaster is a class A rip-off. Ticket was $25.00 and total charge was $37.25. Glenn keeps the price low for his fans and then these nimrods rip our people off with 'convenience' charges. WHile we are regulating everything else in the country, how about these abusive pieces of c%$p??

Anyway, when it comes to seeing Glenn I guess there is no price to be put on it.

• Ticketmaster is bad. Ticketmaster is evil. There...I said it!

I will try to make the trip out there...I have a family function going down the week afterwards in NC so it comes down to having the bread...I can fly out there for nothing and can get the time off...the money is the only road block. And I can't believe my luck at having 3 chances to see Glenn in the space of a weekend.

I will keep you posted!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I know NYC is the place to be in March, but I am still looking for people who are going to the Whiskey show in LA. SO far we have myself, Chip and John H, and no one else, is this possible ?
    CHip and I are driving in from Phoenix the morning of the gig and are looking to find other GHCPs to meet up with.

And an aside: Ticketmaster is a class A rip-off. Ticket was $25.00 and total charge was $37.25. Glenn keeps the price low for his fans and then these nimrods rip our people off with 'convenience' charges. WHile we are regulating everything else in the country, how about these abusive pieces of c%$p??

Anyway, when it comes to seeing Glenn I guess there is no price to be put on it.

Frank, I agree with your Ticketmaster comments. When I was buying my ticket and I saw Ticketmaster pop up, I thought, well there goes the reasonably priced ticket. Those thieving bastards...what an effing liberty!!:mad:

I do disagree on one point you made, that NYC is the place to be.
    It's not....west coast rules!! ;)

Chip

• CHIP I GUESS YOU'RE RIGHT, WHEREVER WE ARE IS THE PLACE TO BE :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!