Live in the USA 2009

• The concert at BB Kings has been moved the the Highline Balllroom in case you were not updated. I also was invited to a invite only party 3/29 at the old CBGBS club and cannot wait to see him there, twice in 2 nights it doesn't get any better then that...............

• I'll be at the Highline show along with Brendan Johnston (some of you old-school CTCers may remember him). I hope to attend the Varvatos gig, too, but I haven't received confirmation yet.

Damien

"I'm a soul singer in a rock genre; I've been trying to break out of the rock thing for years." ~ Glenn Hughes (1993)

• Please forgive my ignorance, but what do you kind folks plan on doing with these "confirmation" emails ... print them out with the simple "you are confirmed" response? Print out the accompanying photo (which is identical to the one in the original invite)?

Or do you think I/you/we just drop our name at the door (which may be why we needed to supply our full names in the request)?

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any confirmation # or anything on my reply.

• By showing a copy of the e-mail you are in. It was sent by a specific person from a specific address. They'll know just by looking at it that it's the real thing or not. Plus as you said they have your name.

• Follow-up:

I received confirmation for the John Varvatos gig, so I'll be there!

Damien

"I'm a soul singer in a rock genre; I've been trying to break out of the rock thing for years." ~ Glenn Hughes (1993)

• Got my NYC confirmation for Sunday! Thanks to Dave for the email announcement and to the venue for the invite! Its nice to see the dedicated fan base Glenn has here in the U.S. Since Saturday's show will be me first GH gig, anybody know if cameras are allowed at either events or if Glenn does a meet and greet before or after the show?

George

• ...anybody know if cameras are allowed at either events or if Glenn does a meet and greet before or after the show?

Cameras are probably not likely at the first NYC gig (but I don't know for sure)...your best bet, is to check with the venue directly (and come back here and let us all know) ;)

Glenn doesn't have an issue with cameras as you can see from the many pix here, but it's really dictated by the venue. I also think it unlikely that a Meet'n'Greet will be possible for the first night, since there's another event taking place right after Glenn finishes. The second night should be a lot more relaxed, so no doubt the answer to both your questions for that night, would be "Yes"!

• 1st time poster, Glenn Hughes fan since 1992, really got into him when I got R.O.C.K. Going to Foxboro and can't wait, first time seeing him. Does anyone know if there will be a chance to meet him after the show? I'm hoping to shake his hand and have him sign some of my cd booklets.

• Going to Foxboro and can't wait, first time seeing him. Does anyone know if there will be a chance to meet him after the show? I'm hoping to shake his hand and have him sign some of my cd booklets.

Welcome aboard Breaking The Law...I'm sure he'll find time for a Meet'n'Greet :cool:

• Cameras are probably not likely at the first NYC gig (but I don't know for sure)...your best bet, is to check with the venue directly (and come back here and let us all know) ;)

Got an email from Highland today:

"photo for personal use is fine. please avoid using flash"

Come to think of it, I never did figure out how to shut off the flash. That might be a problem...:)

George

• Welcome on board BTL ( Breaking the What? The Law) We're glad that you're finally gonna get to see G. play . It's a show that you'll never forget :thumbup:

Also, as far as cameras go, I do plan on once again bringing mine. anyone who's been at the shows that I've been to know that I only use my recordings for personal enjoyment and to share w/ my brothers and sisters. I just have to try harder to remember to shut my mouth more often so you can actually enjoy Glenn singing and not have to tolerate mine ;) I'll bring my recording dock and some blank dvds, so if I can get a good recording of Sat. night, I can have some available for Sunday. That will work out well for people like Nathilie and her husband, Phil Collins :lol: who have to travel back across the pond.

Do you see any trouble w/ that David ? as I've said, I always use my recordings for personal and GHPG people. I've never sold anything and have never posted anything anywhere on the internet except on this site ( and you did that for me).
    peace,

• Do you see any trouble w/ that David ? as I've said, I always use my recordings for personal and GHPG people. I've never sold anything and have never posted anything anywhere on the internet except on this site ( and you did that for me).

Shouldn't be a problem Bart. But please remember it's the venue that dictates cameras/video etc, GH has no control over that. It's a bit more lax at European venues, but Stateside they can be overly protective, if you know what I mean :eek: So it's really at your own risk (you know if you get it in; GH is ok with it). It looks like photo cameras will be ok for the Highline (no flash), but not sure about video, unlikely I would think! The Sunday night gig is different, with a more informal atmosphere, so I'm guessing it will be cool for both there.

• Welcome aboard Breaking The Law...I'm sure he'll find time for a Meet'n'Greet :cool:

Thanks for the welcome. Since it's on a Friday night I'm going to hang out as long as it takes to meet him. Hope someone gets good audio of the show, love collecting boots of shows I was at. 2 weeks to go, can't wait!

• That will work out well for people like Nathilie and her husband, Phil Collins :lol: who have to travel back across the pond.

Phil says thank you, Bart :lol:

We just can't wait to see you all at BOTH shows :cool:
    OMG that's going to a f****** great week-end.
    Only two weeks to go.
    Cheers from the other side of the pond.
    Nath

:ghcp:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!