• Man this album is so good!!!! Played it Sat on a car trip heading back from Vegas. It's been awhile since I last listened to it all the way through. It hasn't aged or gotten cheesy at all. It's one of the first GH albums I bought when I became a GHCP in 98. I had to listen to Time Will Find the Answer in the gym again tonight and just got goose bumps. The singing is awesome, the guitar playing is awesome, the production, songs- thumbs up.

John

• Masterpiece that album is! Fantastic songs, production, guitar playing and of course singing. Agree - it has stood the test of time amazingly well :claphands :clapper:

• Yes iagree that album is great :bow:

I like the more Rock/Hard rock Glenn music.

I love all Glenns music /but/ its too much FUNK now i think...:singer:

• Yes iagree that album is great :bow:

I like the more Rock/Hard rock Glenn music.

I love all Glenns music /but/ its too much FUNK now i think...:singer:

me too

i like to rocky side of glenn but i like his awesome funk line

i listen sometimes to funk like slystone and james brown

but im a more of a rocker :bouncer:

From now on....

:guitarmet \m/

• This is the best glenn ever did,together with the from now on album and Seventh star,on these albums he's has every inch of a rock god.His vocals are out of this world there is no singer who can sing the rock vocals like Glenn.

With this album i got to know Glenn i never heard of the man before and 17 years later i saw him many times live and have all his albums and most of his projects.he's a unique talent and i hope he's going to make a real hard rock album in the future!!

• As much as I love the albums you mentioned, I think we've seen the last of Glenn's participation in that kind of Euro hard rock. I'd love it, but I'd be shocked if he turned around and recorded more material like Voodoo Hill, HTP or Face the Truth again. Then again, he's always full of surprises so who knows?

Todd

• ...and I sure do love those 2 voodoo hill cds. I'd like to see some surpises like that to continue to sneak in every now and then. I love the direction that things are going in. I just have so much enjoyed where we've come from and been as well.
    peace,

• I recently re-discovered Face the Truth. What a phenomenal rock album it still is. In my opinion one of the very best rock things Glenn did after Purple. The powerfull title song, the rocking Night Buzz, Opium Trials, Time Will Find the Answer and the new (and more powerfull) version of Still the Night. What a great rock album and Glenn is singing superb. Of course John Norums solos are classic too. A superb rock album and under-rated. So, if you don't know this album: buy it and play it loud. Hardrock at it's best :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• "phenomenal" is the right word my friend... :thumbup: I really love this album.. I'm a John Norum and Europe fan and this collaboration with Glenn is really amazing !! :clapper: :clapper:

• This was a fantastic album at a time when labels were going in a different direction musically.

• Mandatory listening! I consider this to be Glenn's "rebirth", more than say Blues or From Now On. In the latest French edition of Rock Hard, BCC is mentioned twice in the review of Europe's new album & it's no coincidence! Obviously, both band now share a producer & there are plenty of connections between Glenn & the band, but there's more to such a comparison than that! In a way, Europe have also move from Euro hard rock to something bluesier though the talent - & the name! - remain the same. Face the Truth has virtually no trace of Glenn's love of soul or funk & in if you're in a rocking mood, it's just as good if not better than Seventh Star, as the production's better & Glenn was in a happier place at the time. Granted with the notable exception of Voodoo Hill as well as some covers, ever since the end of HTP Glenn has had a tendency to stay away from this style of music & IMHO he'll never release another full album devoted to this genre. But I may be wrong! In the end, as much as I love Face the Truth, I find the song-for-song quality of Glenn's three most recent solo albums & BCC superior, so I'm not complaining! Yet a couple of decades ago, Norum was the perfect association at the right time. Tack, John!

• Man this album is so good!!!! Played it Sat on a car trip heading back from Vegas. It's been awhile since I last listened to it all the way through. It hasn't aged or gotten cheesy at all. It's one of the first GH albums I bought when I became a GHCP in 98. I had to listen to Time Will Find the Answer in the gym again tonight and just got goose bumps. The singing is awesome, the guitar playing is awesome, the production, songs- thumbs up.

John

I picked up the recent Rock Candy edition. The album has aged well. I've always enjoyed 'Still The Night' & the title track. 'Good Man Shining' is an overlooked cut.

• I was listening to this record tonight and I know the discography on this site says Glenn sings on 7 tracks (the Europe/Japan release). The credits claim Joey Tempest sings on Time Will Find the Answer, but that sounds like Glenn. Then We Will Be Strong sounds like Norum and Tempest singing. I was thinking the songs Glenn sings on are:

1. Face the Truth

3. In Your Eyes

6. Good Man Shining

7. Time Will Find the Answer

8. Counting on Your Love

10. Still the Night

11. Distant Voices

Is this correct?

• Yep - those are all the songs Glenn sings on this masterpiece of an album!

"Face the Truth" was a huge statement record for Glenn as he made his comeback in the early 90s, and I have to say that I always felt that his partnership with John Norum was among the most promising pairings he ever engaged in, though sadly it only ever yielded this one album and a couple of tracks on Glenn's "Blues" record.

FTT is an epic album, brimming with both muscle and melody...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!