BolinFest 2004 - July 30th+31st

• Thanks guys, for the compliments on the photos.

David -
    Yes, the rejects were just as good...about 400 of them! It was hard to pick out just a few to post.

Chip

Chip

• You lucky dogs...while you guys were rocking to the sounds of Bolin Fest 2004, I was up to my eyeballs in boxes and running back and forth to the storage room, getting ready for the 600 mile journey to VA. I made it here unscathed, if tired and just wanted to add my thoughts....

Kudos to Derek St. Holmes...he took every curveball imaginable and still put it in the seats like the seasoned pro that he is...I thoroughly enjoyed his interview on The Fuze and hearing how he practically spun straw into gold made my night!

I saw Tesla in San Antonio in 1987 opening for Def Leppard and they had just released their first album...they were getting heavy rotation on 99.5 KISS-FM and that night, they came out and just kicked ass...that audience went nuts over them! Their bluesy hard rock was a welcome antidote form the hair metal of the day and given Todd's report, nothing has changed!

Hey Todd..obviously you didn't spend ALL your money at CDGB's since you got home just fine..I had this vision of you thumbing a ride back to Las Vegas with a knapsack full of CD's on your back!! And don't ever be concerned about being long winded..if my fingers moved half as fast as my brain..I could write a novel of my own!

Seeing all those legendary musicians together for that one weekend is definitely something you never forget...and I wish that circumstances had been different and I could have shared in that experience! And that last picture at the end says it all...they were all there because of the musical giant that was Tommy Bolin...a life so short yet an influence that is timeless!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Got a nice message from our friend Chuck who was also in Clear Lake last weekend about the show....thought it might be of interest.....

Just thought I would drop you line about the Bolin Fest. Missed seeing you guys there. Saturday night was incredible. All instruments sounded fantastic. With the possible exception of the Dudley show (I think that was where the first UK show I saw with you guys on that trip), it was probably the best Glenn Hughes show I have ever had the pleasure to be at.

While I prefer JJ's style of guitar playing (aka Blackmore), I was extremely impressed with George's playing. I've seen him play before on video and the little he did at the DVD shoot, but his performance on Saturday was one for the record books. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with his playing. As far as the others (Gary and Ed) are concerned, their playing on Saturday was also fantastic.

Didn't mean to ramble on, but it was a great show. I know you keep in contact with Glenn and I assume you can probably contact the others, so I was wondering if you would pass on my congrats for a fantastic show to them. I took my 16-year old step son with me and he was totally floored by Saturday's show. He's a young guitarist himself and he was very impressed with George's playing. Of course he got pictures taken with Glenn and George before the show, so as you can imagine how memorable it was for a 16-year old (as it was for this 41 year old).

Again, sorry we missed you guys. Hopefully we'll see ya'll at the next one.

• Superb photos! Love the black and white - very effective Chip!

We only see the end result of these long trips that some of you guys seem to make with such ease, and I for one am always grateful for the end results. Todd - that's one hell of a review ... but you knew that already! ... and that new tee-shirt!!! Let's hope they're over here some time soon.

Can we have the last one as pic of the month, Shirean?

'The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return'

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• quote:
    Originally posted by Shirean:
    Shirl...if Tim doesn't object, I'm sure we can put it up there either next month or at another time.

Not a problem. I'd be honored.

Tim

• Shirean - I forgot to say a big thank you for using Tim's photo as Pic of the Month.

And Tim -

'The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return'

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!