HOB Orlando 2004 Pix & Review

• The show was awesome! The only drawback was that it was at House Of Blues, so no pictures from me. I'm sure Gabi took a bunch, can't wait to see them! I did get one of David (my son) and Glenn after the show, and one of the sign out front of the venue, which I will post tomorrow after I upload it.

The band was great! JJ Marsh and George Nastos (birthday boy!), Gary Ferguson, Ed Roth, and an amazing bassist who's name I am not familiar with, hopefully one of the others at the show will know it. Glenn played bass on all his songs and one with Kevin DuBrow, otherwise he did amazing vocals (but of course!) throughout the show.

Started off with Alex Lighterwood, "Winning","Hold On", and "Black Magic Woman". Next was Doug Feiger of The Knack with "My Sharona" and two other songs I don't recall the names of right now. Lita Ford was up next, she sang a duet with Glenn of "Close My Eyes Forever", and then sang "Kiss Me Deadly" and a Sammy Hagar song. Next, Kevin DuBrow sang, "Cum On Feel the Noize" and "Bang Your Head" (with Glenn on bass). He also did a cover of a Humble Pie song that is on his new CD.

Then, it was time for Big Daddy himself. WOW! The whole audience was mezmerized! I don't recall all the songs he did as it is late and I am sleepy, but I do recall "Burn", and "Mistreated" which were awesome as always! Most of all the performers came out for the encores of "Superstition" and "Smoke On The Water".

It was a great show, it flowed really well. More like they always played together rather than just for that night. Gabi and Glenn did an amazing job of pulling it all together!

Kat
    http://www.jeffcoffey.com

• Glenn did "Close My Eyes Forever"? That must have been incredible!

Oh man...damn....anybody record any of this?

• Hi everyone !!

Kenny and I just returned home from Orlando and all we can say is OH MY GAWD! We were also alittle miffed about the "No Pictures" policy, but right now it doesn't bother us, as we are still totally energized from the show. The talent on stage was awesome, you could really feel the love, friendship among the artists and they totally rocked the house down! Nice suprises included JJ Marsh in the line up ( a totally warm , friendly human being as well as a kick ass guitarist). Ed Roth was on keyboards (Dave Schultz was not there) which was another fine addition. Suprise guest at encore was AC/DC bass player Cliff (sorry, forgot his last name).
    Alex Lighterwood started off the evening with "I'm Winning" - George Nastos on lead guitar, Ed Roth on keyboards. Gary Ferguson played drums , and Bass player Frederico (played with Jose Feliciano, and a HUGE Glenn Hughes fan). Kevin Dubrow energized the crowd with songs that included "Red Light Mama,Red Hot",a Humble Pie song from the days with Peter Frampton.Doug Fieger took us back to the eighties with "My Sharona". Lita Ford looked gorgeous and wowed us with her vocals.Glenn sang a wonderful duet with her "When I Close My Eyes 4ever" that the crowd went crazy for. Speaking of the crowd, there were all ages there, but it was especially nice to see the younger people getting into some GH songs. As for GH, he sent shivers up my arms with one of the most soulful renditions of "Mistreated" that we have heard.My God, Glenn, you have without a doubt a voice that almost borders on supernatural!
    Lou Carrier, the manager of the Hard Rock hotel was also spotted in the audience.
    What can we say?!! Great show!!

We love you Glenn, JJ, Ed, Gary, and a Big Birthday hug to you George!! Rock on, guys!!

• Great review Kenny. Wouldn't change a thing.

I believe the bassist is Cliff Williams.

Dan

• Hey..that reminds me....

When David and I were in Lou's office last March, he told us that Cliff Williams had donated a pair of shoes as well...They might be on display along with the Music man bass he donated....but I got a picture of Cliff's shoes along with a certain pair of platforms shoes...

Here's a pic of them..

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

• Thanks all - another missed show for me, but again I "feel" like I was there with all your reports and pictures

• Many thanks to Mike Moore for some more wonderful pictures from both the recent Orlando gig, plus after the accompanying Golf tournament - a good time was had by everyone but it was hot as balls

Kevin DuBrow and GLENN

GLENN

The Band

Lita Ford, Doug Fieger, GLENN and Kevin DuBrow

GLENN, Ed Roth, George Nastos and Kevin DuBrow at the Velvet Bar inside the The Hard Rock Hotel

Mike with Lita Ford

Pictures Courtesy: Mike Moore

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!