Pat Thrall 1973 Improvising Rock Guitar Vol. 1

• Hey David,
    I have the Jimi Hendrix version and learned quite a bit from this book back in the day jamming with a guitar buddy of mine. I want to download the audio files as I've lost the demo record from my book along the way. How are the 10 posts determined for me to have access to the downloadable zip file that you have a link for posted at the bottom of your image that shows the book cover? Thanks

• Thanks David so much for putting these files up for download. I feel like I've been transported back in a time capsule about 35 years!!! How the memories make it seem just like yesterday as I appreciate the riffs all over again! :bow:

• Speaking of Pat Thrall "Improvising Rock Guitar" There is a YOUTUBE that has the whole record on it. Now all I need is the tab download.

• It's good to see I'm not the only one that enjoyed this book! This was my first experience learning tab when I was about 13 years old. It was very influential to my playing style.

• I learned a LOT from this - bought it new in the late seventies with the floppy 78 rpm record that came with it.... Even now, many years later I sometime jam a little "Homage to Hendrix"... Thanks soon much!

• Thank you so much for posting this. I owned this book 35 years ago. I seem to understand things a little better these days at 51 years old... lol. I will go through it again. I seen this book in new condition getting over $900 on ebay.

• Hi guys,
    does anyone one have any info on the number of volumes for Improvising rock guitar. I just found a site stating four volumes.
    Thanks in advance

• I’m in the process of moving, as I was going through my old music books, I came across Pat Thrall instructional vol 1! Great find, just wish I had the plastic records that came inside the book!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!