Hurricane Ike and Texas

• Glad to hear that things are slowly coming around.

Roger... I tried to call you that Saturday evening to see how you were... and see how you're GH playlist was going :) Good to hear you had no damage to the house.

Chip

Roger had his cell in his pocket during the storm while he was moving dogs around...it got too wet and is now not working. Gotta get him a new phone. LOL

Chip, you can call him on my cell if you want...all the same numbers, but the last is 1715 instead of 1722 :)

• Hi All! Thanks for your well wishes and prayers. I have reluctantly had to come back to work- so I at least have internet access! I am just totally over whelmed with the work ahead to get my home back to normal. I am working nights- and there sure isn't much I can do at home at night! Well...there has been a little beer drinking :) Still no power, we do have water now- but the lift station is full at the end of my neighborhood! (a stinky situation developing down there :) I had a tree go through my kitchen/dinette area, and unfortunetely -my computer room. Two huge pine trees were up-rooted by what we believe to be a tornado. It happened before the main storm hit. I pulled all 5 of my machines out before the ceiling fell in- My Glenn audio collection was in a rack mounted high on the wall right next to two of Fin Costello's shots of Mel in 72'- and the Trapeze poster that Bobby referred to- were all on one of the two walls that were'nt soaked. I hauled all my guitars out to the neighbors, and my Beatle collection was mostly in my bedroom, which only got water damage on the floor/carpet- so I'm doing good! I did loose some of my Kiss memorabealia- and the cards were damaged on my Black Sabbath/Ozzy matchbox car collection, but that's pretty good concidering how much junk/collectables I have in that house!

It's amazing how well people all unite and work together to survive these things- I've got some great neighbors. We've been eating well, drinking well and working hard. I'll bet Ken and Carolyn had experienced the same thing- life is good!

Thanks Again everyone!

Mark

• Amazing how we world-wide GHCPs worry about our "family."
    Come to think of it, I shouldn't be so surprised since we're all
    a great bunch of people, huh? :lol:

I'm so glad that "our Texans" stood tall, to Ike.
    (And that the pooches are OK, too.)
    By comparison, everything else (things) can be replaced.

Take care, pardners....
    And I hope that your lives get back to normal, soon.

Grace ~

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!