My Interview with Glenn!!!!!!!

• I was recently given the opportunity to interview MY IDOL Glenn Hughes for the website of a record store I work with. I spoke with our illustrious board host David prior to this, & he gave me permission to post it here. The premise of the interview was his upcoming appearance at the Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp in Atlanta, but as you'll see, it quickly devolved into nerdy bass specific questions & sloppy hero worship.

Do you recall that SNL skit where Chris Farley interviews Paul McCartney?
    ("Remember when you were in the Beatles? That was awesome.")
    That's what I felt like.

The first link is to the Criminal.com homepage w/the intro & such. You can link to the entire article from there, or directly from the second link.

http://criminal.tuneportals.com/Home

http://criminal.tuneportals.com/NewsItem/1050

Of course he was so gracious & so very friendly, just as he has been every time I've ever had the chance to meet him. I just though I'd share this with my fellow Glenn Hughes fans.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to crank up some Deep Purple now.

• thanks for posting the interview. i'm at work, and it took me a couple of hours to finally get through it , but i much more enjoy reading an interview done by someone who actually follows glenn's music and knows what he's talking about.
    peace,

• Hey, there is nothing nerdy about asking Glenn technical questions about the bass....no more than it would be to ask Geddy Lee or Jack Bruce....and besides, the gear head dwelling deep within me got a kick out of it!! ;) :thumbup:

I never got the impression you were overly sycophantic either; you asked solid questions and Glenn was certainly insightful and honest in his answers. I could certainly see how you would have been nervous though..sitting there like Ralph Kramden going "Homina homina homina....I brive a dus!" :cool:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Thanks for posting the interview. Really good stuff.

I see there was a mention of the Medusa reissue. I have the Threshold CD. Does anyone have a view on whether the sound is much improved and whether it is worth upgrading. (I've tried searching but couldn't find anything).

• I have the new re-ish & I think it sounds a lot better. I actually a/b'd them in the car. Not only is the overall volume louder, but the individual instruments are more distinct & crisper. Reminds my of the way it sounded when I initially got it on vinyl all those years ago....
    Say what you will about Dave Holland, but he was a great drummer & the drums in particular sound fantastic on this version.

A MUCH better job than the farcical "remaster" that Lemon did on YATM awhile back.

Thanks for the kind words about the interview as well!

• I have the new re-ish & I think it sounds a lot better. I actually a/b'd them in the car. Not only is the overall volume louder, but the individual instruments are more distinct & crisper. Reminds my of the way it sounded when I initially got it on vinyl all those years ago....

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to buy it for the 3rd time then (I have the vinyl but never got the Lemon CD fortunately).
    Totally agree about Dave Holland. His work with Trapeze is great.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!