follow me on Twitter!

• Sadly...today I understood that Mister William Hughes is in hospital...
    Sending him my prayers, much love and all the best...wish him fast recovery..:rose::rose::rose:

• Jesus, You suffered and died for us. You understand suffering. Teach me to understand my suffering as You do; to bear it in union with You; to offer it with You to atone for my sins and to bring your grace to souls in need. Calm my fears; increase my trust. May I gladly accept your holy will and become more like You in trial. If it be your will, restore me to health so that I may work for your honor and glory and the salvation of all. Amen

A beautiful prayer i found for Mr. William Hughes.
    with best wishes
    Sigurd

Deep Purple Mk 3 fans.. There is wild footage thru out this clip .. Serbia 1975.. My hair @ it's longest.. Ha!

Thanks for pointing this out to us, Glenn!

I believe if you search for each and every morsel of DP on YT, you'd never see the daylight again and go bonkers... ;)

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• :cool: yeah i'm looking to it too, interested to know more about the new Orange GH signature bassamp. i noticed a pic with a purple-coloured amp.
    What did they change, did Glenn use the prototype on the "Afterglow" album.

I guess the frequency range is one reason for the roomfilling sound, another might be the quick response on the timeline.

I think that's so important, that a good bassamp will support exactly rythm speed, so like a racing car supports the driver.
    Perhaps a bit more important than for a guitar amp?
    If you try a good P-bass dry without amp, you'll be always surprised of the musical quality , although you might not hear the deep frequencies.

greets
    Sigurd

• I would be surprised if Glenn's 'retail' signature AD200B MK3 is different than stock, but, I guess we'll see, once they become available! :)

I've noticed that Glenn has been playing an orange 'Orange' and not the purple model this year. Maybe that changes after the photo shoot ?

Also, it would be interesting to know 'what' Orange amp's he used during Afterglow! He does list Orange Amplification as one of the Sponsors in the CD liner notes :cool:

Sigurd, I love talking about amplification and basses, since I'm always searching for that ultimate tone and feel. I do have a Orange Bass Terror 1000 - which kicks balls! But, as much as I like the light weight of today's hybrid 'D' class amps, I love the feel and sound of a good All-Tube amp!
    Thanks for the discussion point.

• GH today...

Check out what rapper Kayne west is saying about himself today : please google... It's quite amazing.. Let me know what you think ?

:lol:

Excuuuuuse me (and my ignorance), but: who is this guy?? Never heard of him before.
    So let's (W)RAP it - or rather him ;)

Reminds me of people like Justin Bieber, who went on tour with a monkey (until German customs stopped that nonsense) or Mariah Carey, who demands a brandnew toilet seat in her dressing rooms on each date of her tours... :D
    Sometimes it's quite funny to read the yellow press :)

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Hmmm...now you sort of dodged my question...Glenn tweeted before (and after surgery but before he had to go to hospital) that they - the new band - will be rehearsing from 28.9 till 5.10...:)

So they are...;)

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!