Glenn's exciting bass fingerings in Love Communion keeps firmly placed his style.

• Hi to everyone! I'm Carlos Bill, 47, I was born and live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and am absolutely impressed with Glenn Hughes' masterly command of all elements in music: melody, harmony, electrifying solos, grooves, husky vocals...These, have kept him in a top rank since his early Trapeze days. His bass tone is mellow and wild at the same time, with that hard soul mood; his method of fingerpicking the strings give that metallic sound. As a bassist, I think he's probably he best in rock ever, his tremendously vigorous, tasteful bass solo in Getting Tighter, of the Soulfully Live in the City of Angels dvd, is...is tremendous!!! I never saw such a cool command of the bass's fretboard, it's like "taming an elephant" for me, who like to solo sometimes too. I play Steppenwolf's tune The Pusher here and there, and I started a "method of developing some licks while at home practicising"...because I feel safer programming the solo, although, sometimes, I do it on the spot, onstage, and things work hell, thanks God. I love God and the "angels of music beings" (I have an uncle who says that artists have 'music instructors', like guard angels) but, I still feel amazed with the way Hughes plays those lower strings and higher notes, combining it all with that attack which surprises everyone on the show! Ooooh yeeeeahhh, rock and roooool!!!!!!! Nobody can match it. Not even a jazz bassist; the experience is unique for Hughes, all the years playing live and in studios...

Glenn, your concert at Rio's Circo Voador (October 24th, 2007) was the best ever in Rio for a stranger musician. And...your occasional Rickenbacker playing with the Joe Lynn Turner Project reminds us of early rock days...Love Communion has a groove and changes that puts it in another historical rock rank, like Elvis Presley's That's Allright or Polk Salad Annie, or Eddie Cochrane's songs. Plus, the Jaxx, Springfield concerts were unique too, as the Holland shows where the setlist included Sail Away...a must in every shows I guess...Zoetermeer...

Thanks ever! Congratulations,
    Carlos Bill, bass player, composer, journalist.
    :claphands

• you r right :)

i adoreeee the way glenn masters his bass

actually

he tears it rather than mastering it

he has a unique way of playing that instrument man! :thumbup: :eek:

thank u

peace

From now on....

:guitarmet \m/

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!