Chad Smith/Jeff Kollman Toledo Ohio

• just got back from jeffkollman.com to check on the new cosmosquad dvd when i saw that their new band THE BOMBASTIC MEATBATS will be playing in toledo ohio on may 31 at a place called CLUB BIJOU -with a link to buy tickets -dammit!!!!!!!!!! i would love to go to this but i know i already gotta work that day!!!!!!!!! dam i wish i would have seen it sooner -you ohio guys go if you can -you wont be dissapointed!!!!! :thumbup:

• Tony - sorry you only just noticed this, as I had posted the gig info a month or so ago. Also of note, Chad will be playing again at the Emerald Theater (Mt. Clemens) the following night, June 1st, with his first band, Toby Redd - in a reunion of sorts.

As for the Cosmosquad DVD, according to their website, it's due out very shortly.....like next month sometime!

• I will be in SoCal in June and early July and can only hope Cosmosquad has more dates planned around that time. A Summer loaded with travel where I am so far left out in the cold just missing some big time shows :huh: :( :mad: Maybe I can get lucky somewhere along the line :confused:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• just got back from jeffkollman.com to check on the new cosmosquad dvd when i saw that their new band THE BOMBASTIC MEATBATS will be playing in toledo ohio on may 31 at a place called CLUB BIJOU -with a link to buy tickets -dammit!!!!!!!!!! i would love to go to this but i know i already gotta work that day!!!!!!!!! dam i wish i would have seen it sooner -you ohio guys go if you can -you wont be dissapointed!!!!! :thumbup:

I am going to the show and will post a review of the show with some pics and maybe even return with a copy of the new cd :eek:

All within driving distance should consider making the trip.

Its gonna be wild.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• david i thought something was wrong when i didnt see it on here and i looked at the off topic list but i guess i didnt look far enough -maybe i will get lucky on another show -i should have looked at jeffs site sooner -thanks for the dvd info

• :thumbup: On Saturday night May 31st at Toledo's Club Bujou, Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats came to town played a 1:45 minute set that could only be described as WILD!

There was no opening band and after a half hour delay the Bats hit the stage with a half dozen thinly clad ladies from the Gentlemens Club next door who promptly entered the Go-Go stations up front at each side of the stage.

Then the Bats hit the FUNK button and the ladies bumped and gyrated on rythym, as this night was off to the races. With Jeff Kollman conducting the set for this hometown reunion style gig, fellow bandmates Kevin Chown on bass, Ed Roth on keys and master of ceremonies Chad Smith on drums threw jaw dropping renditions of their yet to be released original masterpieces into the crowd . Jeff Kollman's sonic brilliance shined through and his playing is without a doubt in the same class as Jeff Beck. This foursome rates up there with the greatest supergroup of technically trained musicians ever assembled. Midway through the evening the dancing ladies exited the Go-Go cages and all hell seemed to break loose as the Bats kicked into another gear as each member took a cue and showed why they are the virtuosos of their instruments by weaving in and out of complex time changes of fusion, funk and heavy progressive rock. What followed next was the mindblowing rendition of Zep's "Moby Dick." Was this a man or a machine I was watching?, Holy Toledo!!!, Chad you are THE MAN! and through the whole exercise he had the biggest grin on his face that you could ever imagine. Totally unreal.

And if that was not enough, the Bats came back for the encore with, (get this), a stunning closing rendition of Cobhams "Stratus", in which Kollman and Chown hit it on the head like a Pulveriser on a beer can while Chad did a "Keith Moon" and left the stage with pieces of drum parts scattered over it.

Thank you MeatBats! for coming to Ohio. That was WILD! :claphands

• Wow Ken - I could feel the energy from that splendid review! :thumbup:

I can think of one or two of our boys on here who would have missed the show even if they'd been there, seeing as scantily clad young ladies would no doubt have made them forget why they were there! :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Such a pity tonyg didn't make it ... this time.

That reminds me - Glenn and Gabi were going to give Chad a 'Keith Moon' tee shirt I bought for him a couple of years ago ... from one animal with stix to another :cool:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Thanks Shirl!. I still feel the heat from the afterburn :lol:
    It was also good seeing Dan, Will and Michael Moore there too.

• ...... the Bats hit the stage with a half dozen thinly clad ladies from the Gentlemens Club next door who promptly entered the Go-Go stations up front at each side of the stage.

:pics:

:nopics:

:lol:

• I was standing to the right of the girl filming this, and the device used looked like a cell phone or a very small camera that was trying to record Bombastic stage level audio. But it is a video momento of the show and i thank you for posting it.

• damm i knew it would be cool :D i hope they do some more shows -cosmo squad is gonna do some fender shows in the midwest-maybe i can get to one of them - i knew chad and jeff kollman would kick ass!!!!!!

• Hannah thanks for the nice pics!
    My wife and I were next to you on your right.
    Where is the one where Kevin stuck his face right on your lens?:D

• :thumbup: For the video footage and your pics Hannah - and thanks for sharing them here.

:rose:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Hannah thanks for the nice pics!
    My wife and I were next to you on your right.
    Where is the one where Kevin stuck his face right on your lens?:D

my friend typed something on her phone and had him read it but she wouldnt tell me what it was! :p

• my friend typed something on her phone and had him read it but she wouldnt tell me what it was! :p

Only Kevin knows :D

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!