Do you own an iPod ?

• What's on your iPod ? I have all of Glenn Hughes albums on it including the new and fabulous F.U.N.K. Also I have songs by Trapeze, Free, Prince, Stevie Wonder, Sly and The Family Stone, Funkadelic, Lenny Kravitz, Macy Gray, David Jordan, Corinne Bailey Rae, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, Billie Holiday and many more. Owning these little gadgets is like keeping your music library in your pocket :) Useful :cool: :)

Funk on !

Ayesha

• I took a chance on buying my first iPod, wasn't sure I'd use it much since I'm from the old school. Since I've installed a dedicated connection in my car, I use it all the time, and also on long plane rides. It's pretty cool to have a good chunk of your own collection in your pocket ready for what ever strikes your fancy. I've yet to download anything from iTunes, have just been putting stuff from my own collection on the iPod.

Here's my artist list....so far.

Alphounse Mouzon
    Atomic Rooster
    Automatic Man
    The Beatles
    Billy Cobham
    Brian Auger
    Camel
    Chicago
    Climax Blues Band
    California Transit Authority
    Curtis Mayfield
    Doobie Brothers
    Eloy
    Fat Mattress
    Frank Zappa
    Gary Brooker
    Genesis
    Glenn Hughes
    Herbie Hancock
    Hydra
    Iommi
    Jeff Beck
    Jethro Tull
    JJ Marsh
    John Norum
    Juicy Lucy
    Leaf Hound
    Les Dudek
    Mahogany Rush
    Mama's Pride
    Masters Of Reality
    Miles Davis
    Nektar
    Ohio Players
    Paice Ashton Lord
    Pat Metheny
    Pat Travers
    Paul Kossoff
    Pink Floyd
    Procol Harum
    Randy Pie
    Rare Bird
    Rolling Stones
    Rory Gallagher
    Soul Sirkus
    Spirit
    St. Paradise
    Stanley Clarke
    Steve Marriott
    Stomo Yamashta
    Toe Fat
    Tommy Bolin
    Trapeze
    Triumvirat
    War
    Whitesnake
    William DeVaughn
    Wolfmother

Chip

• Chip, you are just so stuck on one type of music :D :D They probably don't make iPods that could handle any portion of your collection. When they make the 30 terabyte model you might get MOST of your stuff on it :bow: :bow:

On the question: I have Oakley Thumps (2 pair) to take for poolside, planes, trains, etc.. The airline attendant rarely notices you have music on when "All devices need to be turned off".

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Some list.

The only thing missing is "Lawrence Welk's Greatest Hits" and Donnie and Marie.

axmuremoticon.gif

• I've bought my first iPod last year. It is an 8GB third generation iPod nano that can hold 2000 songs and even play videos. IPods saves you from carrying your CD collection everywhere you go though I still play my CDs at home. It even saves you from carrying extra suitcase on holiday trips. Most of the albums on my iPod are from my CD collection plus songs from iTunes

Ayesha

Ayesha

• Nope and maybe I will never own an IPod!
    I don't like the interface and I think it's still limited in its functions.

Hard & Heavy Live Streaming 24/7
    Instant Playing Requests, Playlist with more than 35.000 Songs!

• William DeVaughan?? Oh man...that is too cool Chip!!

Someday when I reside under the same roof as 99.9 % of my CD collection, I will get an iPod. right now, the XM radio and CD player in my car fill the sonic void...

I won't ever wear it on the street though, unlike 3 out of 4 New Yorkers. I don't like being tuned out from the surrounding noise; picture the scene...you are jamming out to some Deep Purple and then the Q10 bus knocks you into the middle of next week....not good!

I can plug the iPod into my car stereo and will do so eventually.....

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I won't ever wear it on the street though, unlike 3 out of 4 New Yorkers. I don't like being tuned out from the surrounding noise; picture the scene...you are jamming out to some Deep Purple and then the Q10 bus knocks you into the middle of next week....not good!

hey bill, that's why i like my method of choice. when i'm tripping the light fantastic on the sidewalks of new york, i only use one earphone at a time. that way , i can still listen to burn and not get burned. you do have to be careful though. you wouldn't want it to be your "last mistake".

p.s.
    frank marino set list still comming soon :) sometimes i think that i might be a procrastonator. i'm not sure about that though. i'll think more about that tomorrow.
    peace,

• Well, I could never get into the actual iPod deal, simply because I managed to sit on, lose or otherwise destroy too many Walkmen when they were cool (and I was sort of cool too). I do though have 2GB of music on my Blackberry and two pairs of Oakley Thump !! The Thump allows me to listen even on the plane when everyone else is being chided to turn off all devices. They are a bit heavy, but more convenient to my way of thinking.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• My ipod contains the likes of Glenn Hughes, Trapeze, Purple and then the likes of Celtic Frost, Bathory, Sentenced. A wide range i like to think :)

• I am on my second Ipod as the first one didn't hold nearly enough music for me. I am old school as well and never saw myself getting into any of these gagets.

I've gotta say that I'm glad I did though. I mean what's not cool about having every album you could eveer want to hear and then some in a tiny device that you can take anywhere you go?

I've got a bunch of Glenn of course. Probably more than anything else actually! I'm listening to There's a Will as I type this. I've also got everything from Priest, Purple, Sabbath, Zepp, Skynyrd to the Stones and much more..................................................................

I didn't think I'd use the thing and now I don't leave home without it!

• I am on my second Ipod as the first one didn't hold nearly enough music for me. I am old school as well and never saw myself getting into any of these gagets.

I've gotta say that I'm glad I did though. I mean what's not cool about having every album you could eveer want to hear and then some in a tiny device that you can take anywhere you go?

I didn't think I'd use the thing and now I don't leave home without it!

I'm w/ you on all of that brother. I didn't think I'd have one either. now i have 18,000 songs on mine. alot of good stuff for any mood i'm in.
    peace,

• I'm w/ you on all of that brother. I didn't think I'd have one either. now i have 18,000 songs on mine. alot of good stuff for any mood i'm in.
    peace,

Yeah can you imagine trying to carry 18,000 songs around with you!? How many cd's would that be?

With the Ipod they fit right in your pocket.

• Hi.

Bought an ipod with money i received for my 40th birthday back in April. Best thing i ever bought. Particularly as been able to download from itunes some of the more obscure session songs that Glenn has sung on without having to buy the whole album :bouncer: :bouncer:

Love to you all,

Paul

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!