Filming in Eastern Europe

• We were out there to do a film of Glenn's current tour and you will see the results soon once we have edited it up and shown it to management. During the middle of next week, you should at least see a video news release for the Liverpool gig. There's some cracking stuff there and we're still buzzing about it.

Anyway no point in making any over blown promises. Let's wade through those four tapes and see.

Glenn, Carl, Tonio and the guys in the band were an absolute joy to work with. Tom Holden and I would like to thank them for their patience and good humour in the process. Making a film about Glenn Hughes whoa what an experience!

With my fan hat on, out of the three gigs in Prague, Zlin and Budapest, Prague was my own personal favourite. It's one of those occasions when the venue is just right for the vibe. A full house, an enthusiastic audience and a great set executed with a sense of fun. Everyone including Glenn was smiling like a Cheshire cat all the way through. You know what they say "smile and the world smiles with you." And there's plenty to smile about! Well take a look at the excellent pics at all the gigs and you will see what I mean.

From the new album, songs like We Shall be Free and Oil and Water shine through as live gems. Crave and First Underground Nuclear Kitchen certainly begin proceedings with just the right timbre. Of the oldies Mistreated and Burn were played with energy and kick ass attitude. Just what he doctor ordered.

I'd have loved to see Imperfection or maybe an Otis, Sly or Stevie number fitting into the bits when it all slows down but that's just being greedy I guess. Overall the three gigs gave me renewed vigour to get something out on film and carry on promoting these UK dates.

Anyway deadlines loom and I still have the blisters on my feet. Oh yeah I got shat on by a woodpecker in Budapest. TRUE! I was trying to get a pic of it on the day off between gigs. It did a Ritchie Blackmore let's say. The guys thought I was on something. Ever used grass to remove bird shit? It doesn't work guys ok? Nuff said.

I have an article from a Zlin newspaper which I will post separately with a translation. Wahayyyy Glenn is back in a town near you. The Boy Can Sing the Funk!

• Thanks for the translation Keith.
    Also, the pictures show Glenn looking mighty intense and pouring it all out on tour. Great stuff !!!!

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Hi Keith

That was great. Glad to hear that Glenn is embracing the new young fans but dont forget us oldies :(

mind you, only just hit forty. Does that mean i'm in the young or old group :confused:

• Nice 'movie' show you and Tom put together there Keith :bow:

And Paul J - I'm definitely in the 'old youngy' group! :D

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Keith, fantastic work matey- I'll text you today or tomorrow. The last of the fliers will go at a gig tonight in Altrincham... Chat soon dude, and well done again on the filming front!

Al.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!