Bratislava, Divadlo Arena - 23rd May

• What a show! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

The band was on fire, and Glenn was in fantastic shape.

The six of us had a fantastic night out (it's only a one hour drive from Vienna... :cool: - we met a couple of other people who had obviously driven across the border - why was there no Vienna show??? :huh:

Also, I can proudly say, that I had 2 people "converted" tonight, one had never even heard of Glenn Hughes before, and came because she was curious to find out what I was raving about... :)

I can't point anybody or anything out - everything was just perfect.

Here's the setlist:

Crave
    First Underground Nuclear Kitchen
    Never Say Never
    Oil And Water
    Mistreated
    You Got Soul
    We Shall Be Free
    Dont Let Me Bleed
    Love Communion
    Steppin On
    -------------
    Soul Mover
    Burn

Glenn was very talkative in between songs, which gave Luis enough time to tune his guitar(s). He's a fantastic guitar player, a great performer, and showman!

On the other side, it was sooo good to see JJ again. He's just fab!

The audience response was great, and there were a lot of young people there, especially three girls in the front who appeared to be big RHCP fans, and made a lot of noise.

You should have seen their faces when they left the venue after they had managed to go backstage :D

And there was a guy who looked like Roger Whitaker dancing through the whole set up front. Priceless.

Oh, and before I forget - I got my FUNK CD signed :cool:

The whole trek was obviously in a hurry, so there was no such meet and greet, but I still managed to get the CD signed at the bus.

The Tour Manager was very keen to find out if I had bought it in a shop - and where, which I told him. Seems that the distribution is not going to well, although the album apparently sells very well!?

Anyway - what a memorable night.

I should probably buy a ticket for the Robin 2 Anniversary show... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Christian

P.S. no pics from me - I should have checked the battery in the camera :( ... but Alex made a couple of pics and lots of other people too...

MEDUSA

• Hi@all!

here are some pics of the show last friday.

:nopics:

I have to agree to Chris, what a show! :bouncer: I wasn't so sure about the new CD when I heard it a Chris' home, but I will buy it on Monday instantly.

Chris thank you for organizing the tickets, it was a night to remember.

Cheers,
    Alex

• Here's a great one that Alex forgot to post... ;) Allow me... :p
    Cheers,
    Christian

P.S. The "tall girl", as we call her - don't know her name, but we instantly remembered her from last time when her camera was confiscated two songs into the set - she's from Vienna as well as were quite some other people at the gig, and she made some really cool pics and videos too. But I guess she's not on the forum :huh: Might be well worth tracking her down, somehow!? ;) :cool:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!