Stormbringer Remastered on the way!

• great news !
    And after that, we can now asking the extended remastered version of Come taste the band.

• Probably will be a 40th year anniversary by the time the DPAS get around to it.

They do a wonderful job, but this wait for Stormbringer is beyond a joke! I'm sure they'll blame EMI, whether that is accurate...

• great news !
    we can now asking the extended remastered version of Come taste the band.

;)

I am in love with come taste the band :)

but i dont think thar there is any extra material for an expanded version since the band was on fire these days

and any demos were released on the (may days come and go) compalation

From now on....

:guitarmet \m/

• I seem to remember reading some time ago regarding extra material recorded during the "Come Taste The Band" sessions that there may have been an instrumental recorded....I think it may have been an interview with Simon Robinson, just not positive. Memories get fuzzy over the years....until all the multi track tapes are located we won't know for sure.

This does remind me of an amusing tale regarding Grand Funk. back in 1999 when David Tedds was doing the remastering and compilation work for the "30 Years Of Funk" 3 CD set. David had asked the guys if any extra material had been recorded during the sessions for "We're An American Band". He was told that everything they wrote and recorded was used on the album. David then found a tape box labeled with "Hooray" and "The End" ; he thought it was a commentary on the fact that the sessions were complete. He puts on the tape and finds two nearly completed songs (about 90%) that the band had forgotten about. They ended up on the box set and the expanded "We're An American Band" remastered CD.

I know that the search was on for all the CTTB multi tracks....does anyone know if they have been found yet?

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!