RRFC Summer Tour USA 2008

• Just got confirmation that GLENN will be part of the Rock'n'Roll Fantasy Camp Summer Tour 2008, as a camp counselor, throughout the USA this Summer :cool:

He'll be at the following camp tour dates:

August 4 New York City - The Fillmore at Irving Plaza
    August 6 Cleveland - House of Blues

August 8 Detroit - TBA

August 9 Chicago - House of Blues
    August 11Nashville - Wildhorse Saloon
    August 13 Atlanta - Center Stage
    August 15 Orlando - House of Blues
    August 18 New Orleans - House of Blues
    August 20 Dallas - House of Blues
    August 22 Phoenix - Marquee
    August 23 Las Vegas - Hard Rock
    August 25 San Francisco - The Fillmore
    August 26 Los Angeles - House of Blues

Be sure and check http://www.rockcamp.com for more details.

• I'll be at the Detroit show regardless to see King's X and Extreme, so if Glenn's camp band opens up, it will just be gravy for that night! If I had an extra $2000 laying around, I'd consider signing up for the camp experience, though with my luck I wouldn't end up with Hughes as my counselor and I would be pissed that I spent all that money!

• i gotta try to be there august 9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Looking forward to seeing Big Daddy @ the House of Blues in Cleveland and hope there is a chance he will do a tune with Kings X.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• These events don't involve Glenn, but thought they might be of interest for those that live in or around the vincinities.

The Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp has teamed up with Guitar Center to host an exciting series of tour kick-off parties, beginning in Boston this Monday night; with events in Maryland, Atlanta and Florida to follow. These exclusive, invite-only parties are the perfect opportunity to learn more about our upcoming tour, network with program alumni and meet and jam with a rock star!

Below is a list of all details for this week's scheduled parties. You are welcome to bring your friends, family and colleagues, simply RSVP the total number of guests you intend to bring by emailing the Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp at: partyrsvp@rockcamp.com

June 2nd, 7pm-9pm
    Guitar Center Boston with special guest J. Geils
    750 Commonwealth Ave.
    Boston, Massachusetts 02215

June 3rd, 7pm-9pm
    Guitar Center Towson with special guest Simon Kirke
    1524 E. Joppa Rd.
    Towson, Maryland 21286

June 4th, 7pm-9pm
    Guitar Center Atlanta with special guest Kip Winger
    1485 Northeast Expressway
    Atlanta, Georgia 30329

June 5th, 7pm-9pm
    Guitar Center Orlando with special guest Kip Winger
    12402 Orange Blossom Trail, Ste. 1
    Orlando, Florida 32837

• Some nice words from Ty Tabor of King's X...

This summer, King's X is teaming with the recently reunited Extreme for a series of dates on the Rock'n'Roll Fantasy Camp Tour, beginning July 29 in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Taking its name from an ongoing annual camp in which fans get to play with renowned rockers, the tour will feature an opening performance by campers joined by Gilby Clarke, Elliot Easton and Glenn Hughes, among others.

"They're filming it for a reality show," Tabor says, adding that he's particularly excited to see Glenn Hughes perform each night. "But I'm looking forward to it, because I don't know what to expect."

• I'll be at the New York show on August 4th...

GH, Kip Winger, King's X - WOW, what a night of music!

Damien

"I'm a soul singer in a rock genre; I've been trying to break out of the rock thing for years." ~ Glenn Hughes (1993)

• :D I'm definitely going to the orlando show! Big king's x fan here. Check out there latest. In my humble opinion it's their best since Ear Candy. I'm a little confused. Will Big Daddy actually perform at these shows? Or only if the band he's the counselor for performs? Can someone enlighten me. Peace. Bodie

• :D I'm definitely going to the Orlando show!

See you there :cool:

They usually have a grand finale where all the musicians get onstage, but each band and their star musician counselors get to go on earlier, so at the very least, he'll be up there twice. Things start early at these shows, around 6:00PM with the RRFC piece finishing around 8:00PM with King's X/Extreme ending the evening at the usual finishing times of around 10:30PM-11:00PM. Each city will be a little different, but generally that's how it should play out. Be sure and contact your local venue where they're playing and also of course the RRFC directly via their website or hotline - contact details here for that.

• Great news ! I visited the site today hoping i would see some news of Glenn in the USA. and wow, with one of my favorites King's X :D I have my eye on the August 6th Cleveland HOB show, but i noticed on the King's X site they have listed Aug 10 – Cincinnati, OH @ Union Center Blvd Bash. This would be in my city and i'm wondering if Glenn will be involved with this show. and it looks like it maybe an outdoor show. Any additional info on this show in particular would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:singer: ...Everyday, wheels are turnin'

• I have my eye on the August 6th Cleveland HOB show, but i noticed on the King's X site they have listed Aug 10 – Cincinnati, OH @ Union Center Blvd Bash.

Glenn will only be in attendance with the Rock'n'Roll Fantasy Camp, so August 6th in Cleveland at the HOB, will be your chance to catch up with both.

• For USA residents only:

http://promo.livenation.com/sweepstakes/ro…0354&p=23680221

http://promo.livenation.com/sweepstakes/ro…0354&p=23680221

• Thanks David, I entered the contest but I noticed in the rules it states that they will notify the winner by phone. The only thing is on the sign-up screen there is not a place to enter your phone number!.....:confused:

DRAWING. The winner will be randomly selected in a drawing on or about July 30, 2008 from among all eligible entries received by the Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be notified by phone. The Sponsor will make 3 attempts, within a 24-hour time period, to contact the potential winner. No messages will be left on answering machines/voicemails. If Sponsor is unable to reach potential winner within this time frame, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate may be selected by the Sponsor, if time permits. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.

• The Rock'n'Roll Fantasy Camp Summer Tour 2008 with Glenn included, kicks off tomorrow night,
    Monday, August 4th at The Fillmore (Irving Plaza) in New York City :cool:

For all of you who are planning to attend one of the upcoming USA based, ROCK'N'ROLL FANTASY CAMP, shows that will be taking place during the month of August, all across the country, I wanted to give you a heads up.

Get to the venue early!

The all-star musicians including Glenn will be onstage from 6:00PM until around 8:00PM. The headliners of KINGS X and EXTREME will then begin around 8:30PM.

The exception to this, are the shows taking place in NASHVILLE (August 11th) and LAS VEGAS (August 23rd) when the ROCK'N'ROLL FANTASY CAMP "All Star Jam" band will be headlining and of course that will include Glenn along with all the other star musicians.

Having said that, Glenn will be making a concerted effort to say "Hi" to as many fans as he can, so if you spot him, don't be shy, go up and say "Hi" yourself!

• Hope to see some of you at RRFC NY tonight! I'll be wearing a black t-shirt with orange lettering that says "Nashville Guitars," and I'll be with this guy - http://myspace.com/donleesounds

Will be back tomorrow with a report.

Damien

"I'm a soul singer in a rock genre; I've been trying to break out of the rock thing for years." ~ Glenn Hughes (1993)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!