Accommodation for UK tour

• In our travels, we pick up some good hotel deals from time to time. Carl must have enough air miles for a trip to Venus! (Hmmm maybe there's a song in there somewhere) So it dawned on me that some of you travelling longer distances might want a nod on the good deals available. If there's enough response, I will trawl our books and give you hints on a couple of decently priced hostelries who don't overcook the eggs.

One I can plug is the Hotel California for the Liverpool gig on Saturday June 7th. Here's the deal. It's usually around £38 ($70) pn but shared accommodation e.g. four per room is negotiable. It's just across the river from The Academy. So after Glenn's gig you should get there to see Conky who will go on stage there at 11.30. They view their appearance at the Hotel as support to Glenn who they cite as a major influence. The bar is until 3 am. If you want to check out the venue, it's www.thehotelcalifornia.co.uk or pm me and I can give all relevant phone numbers and contact names.

Wolfy has also posted this regarding the Wolverhampton 6 June gig under another topic heading:-

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Robin 2 Hotel[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Opening 19th May 08[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 Rooms[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All En-Suite[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Singles, Doubles, Twins[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full Disabled Facilities[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full Details Following Shortly.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reservations[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Call 01902 401211[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

• Thank you Keith :thumbup:

This sounds good. We will probably come to Liverpool as it's on a saturday evening. I found good deals for the plane tickets on Easy Jet. I will book next week.

• I have tried to book accomodation through the links to hotels on the academy web site but all seem to be booked up and the only available places are miles away or far to expensive. I wouldnt have thought that this would be so awkward.
    So any details on available accomodation within 30 minutes walk would be greatly appreciated.
    Alternatively if driving because i cannot find accomodation, where are the best / safest car parks within walking distance of the venue.

cheers

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!