What does Glenn listen to?

• OK, first I apologize to purplemusic for (kinda) stealing the thread he started ~
    But I wondered how GH would answer the question ~

What does Glenn listen to/have in his CD player?

Maybe after we vote, and Glenn stops laughing at our wrong answers, he'll let us know.

* GH CDs, to refresh his memory of song lyrics for future concerts
    * Never plays GH CDs, he's a walking encyclopedia of his music
    * Nothing; leaves his brain clear for new compositions
    * Classical music, as a change of pace, more Rachmaninoff than Rock
    * Classic Trapeze, Deep Purple, all "formerly of" music
    * Earliest Rock; Fats, Chuck, Elvis
    * Funk, funk, and more funk
    * British Invasion (as we call it in the US)
    * Big Band era; childhood memories - Glenn Miller, perhaps?
    * Jazz; from Satchmo to Anita
    * Classical Spanish guitar
    * Unique stuff; folk music from Morocco, rock & roll from China
    * All of the above
    * Some of the above
    * None of the above

• ok Grace, good one. now i do believe that recently i heard glenn in an interview saying that he didn't listen to alot of music, keeping the time and space open to new ideas that he might have for new stuff. he did say , i believe that when he does listen to music, that he listens to mainly jazz. but, as we all know what a great catologue that he has to choose from w/ music that he has been on, i cant help but feel that he would be doing himself an injustice not to revisit some of those old friends to him. maybe, next time that i know i'm going to see glenn, i'll make him a cool compilation cd of some good ol' glenn stuff, just to reintroduce himself to himself ;)

peace,

• I am only posting this from past interviews I've seen but he listens to jazz when he can PJ yes. Danny Hathaway he enjoys. Stevie's Innervisions and Talking Book he prefers over SITKOL. He has just completed a very skilful review of Otis Blue by Otis Redding which will appear in the music press soon.

But in the words of an ex prime minister here in the UK "if I want to read a good book I write one." That's certainly the case with Glenn. It's a daily process.

Nothing; leaves his brain clear for new compositions

i read that more than once in many of glenn's interviews

he always says that he never listen to music while his brain is working on his own music

but

he listens sometimes while on road

• ... He has just completed a very skilful review of Otis Blue by Otis Redding which will appear in the music press soon. ...

Has anyone read this review by Glenn? Would it be possible to have it posted here?

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!