What are you listening to ?

• Hey Chuck,

I wasn't even aware of these expanded versions of "Back Street Crawler" and "Fire And Water". That's what happens when ICE magazine, my main source of CD release information, vanishes into the ether.

I did a quick check on Amazon UK to get the song line-ups. The Kossoff album gets the full treatment and you can now savor the Olympian workout that was "Time Away" without having to drop a hundred bucks on the "Songs Of Yesterday" box set. They put that entire John Martyn session on there..completists rejoice!

And Free basically cut "Fire And Water" twice; If I recall correctly Chris Blackwell wasn't happy with the first version and had the band remix the album. Add some BBC tracks and live sessions and four different versions of "All Right Now" and you have a stocking stuffer of the highest order!

Bring on the FUNK!!! :thumbup: :cool:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Sir John Mandeville demos and radio edits
    Led Zeppelin 1 and 4
    Blue Oyster Cult- Workshop of the Telescopes
    Glenn Hughes- FUNK ruffs
    Lynyrd Skynyrd- Pronounced
    Josh Ritter - The Historical Conquests of
    Whitesnake - Good to be Bad

• Nektar-Remember the Future
    Throbbing Gristle -24 Hrs of TG
    Hawkwind- Take Me to Your Leader
    Russ Ballard- Book of Love
    Farflung- Entire Catalog

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• hey frank, i love you like a GHPG brother, but i don't really listen to anything on your list. that's not to say, mind you, that you're right and i'm wrong, but we're just different..... my point is to say that although sometimes . we all may be on our separate paths. we all still can meet up at the crossroads of Glenn avenue and Hughes bulavard.
    peace to you brother ,

• This is a very interesting thread to me. I noticed an old outdated one from a few years back, and i almost started a new thread myself, but waited too long and purplemusic beat me to it. Lots of great stuff mentioned so far.

I just recently obtained my copy of Hughes/Downes "Work Tapes".
    (In anticipation of the new release, i've been listening to a lot of Glenn's other cd's lately too.)
    I finally got my copy of Ken Hensley's "Blood On The Highway". (I was way behind on buying that one. I don't have much extra money these past few years.)
    I've been jammin' Robin Trowers lastest releases a bunch. Seven Moons, Another Days Blues, Living Out Of Time- the studio release and the live dvd. (He is my personal favorite.)
    Just bought Dug Pinnick's new one "Strum Sum Up", listened to it 3 times so far, and awaiting the new King's X release.
    Porcupine Tree "We Lost The Skyline" and "Nil Recurring" - Nil is pretty hard stuff.
    Alvin Lee "Saguitar" - recommended for all 10 Years After/Alvin fans. It has 3 great new blues tunes and some jammers as well. By the way, Ten Years After "Now" cd is good also-even without Alvin.
    Paul Rodgers "Live In Glasgow"
    Ian Hunter "Rant"
    Gov't Mule "High & Mighty"- i didn't go for the newer reggae versions release, sorry.
    I have the new UFO "Monkey Puzzle" but enjoyed the previous release better: "You Are Here".
    Kenny Wayhne Shepherd "The Place You're In" (2004 release). - i don't have the new blues cd/dvd release just yet.
    Eagles new 2cd (i have to be in the right mood for this one, it's pretty mellow).
    I'm into some other genres too such as americana/bluegrass/folk styles.
    Railroad Earth live 2cd "Elko"
    Donna The Buffalo live 2cd "The Great American Ballroom" (great down to earth festival band-check them out on myspace, etc)
    Yonder Mountain String Band "Mountain Tracks Vol. 4" - another great festival favorite.
    DJ & TT ( Donna Jean & The Tricksters- Donna sang in the Grateful Dead in the 70's, and the Zen Tricksters are a current Grateful Dead tribute band, now both are together making music, and just released their first cd.) --Yes, i'm an old deadhead, and i miss Jerry :rolleyes:
    I have cd's scattered all over the place and i could go on & on.
    I listened to an old Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies cd the other day, some Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Moody Blues live 2cd "Lovely To See You".
    Ever heard of Jupiter Coyote? They are very smooth, kinda like a "pickin' " Allman Brothers style. The Guitarist put a banjo neck on a guitar body.
    I still don't have the new David Gilmour yet, some things i have to keep putting off.
    I'm looking forward to getting the new Whitesnake, the new Candlebox, the new Heep in June, and the new U2 in October.
    I just found out Paul Rodgers w/Queen release an album Sept 1st.
    I like some country too, but i've already said more than my share.
    Can you tell i'm a huge music lover ??

:singer: ...everyday, wheels are turnin'

• Can you tell i'm a huge music lover ??

I'd never have guessed!! :D :D happy0069.gifhappy0069.gif
    My other half is a bit of a Screaming Cheetah Wheelies fan!! :D :D

My recent plays:
    Dark Passion Play - Nightwish party0007.gifparty0006.gifparty0007.gifparty0006.gifparty0007.gifparty0006.gif
    Savage Amusement - Scorpions party0010.gifparty0010.gifparty0010.gifparty0010.gifparty0010.gif
    Optical Race - Tangerine Dream

• At this precise moment, i'm listening to the rubbish radio station we have on at work, but I was listening to Audioslave and Foo Fighters this morning, as well as M4TD of course!

:bouncer2: :bouncer: :bouncer2: :bouncer:

• Whitesnake - Good to be bad & Live... in the heart of the city
    Niacin - Deep ( the song " things ain't like they used to be "with Glenn on vocals )
    Soulmover , Addiction ,R.O.C.K from Glenn
    Alcatrazz-Disturbing the piece

I know that I've been sometimes wrong
    I feel my faith is growing strong
    There is a place that I belong
    These are the days of avalon

:guitarmet:guitarmet:guitarmet

• My recent plays:

Optical Race - Tangerine Dream

Allison, Tangerine Dream is just outstanding. Just got an unopened vinyl of Phaedra :D and Rubycon :cool: at a record show. I have been playing Alpha Centauri :bow: quite a bit lately and a Klaus Schulze solo. Grab some Cabaret Voltaire :claphands with that and some Throbbing Gristle :clapper: and you have a great night of listening pleasure.
    Seeing as you are one of the few Raging Slab :bouncer: afficienados out there, I am always excited to see new things you are listening to.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Glenn Hughes - F.U.N.K.
    Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad
    Mother's Finest - Live
    Buckcherry - 15
    Richie Kotzen - Return Of The Mother Head's Family Reunion
    Deep Purple - Burn

Funk you very much

• Like everyone else - FUNK :D :bouncer: :clapper: :claphands .

Also another fantastic new release by Shawn Smith - The Diamond Hand :bow: :singer: :D :) :clapper: . Got a great review in Classic Rock.
    Saw him live in Birmingham a couple of weeks back - awesome! :eek:

And finally, also listening to MGM Unreleased Demos ;) :D

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Seeing as you are one of the few Raging Slab :bouncer: afficienados out there, I am always excited to see new things you are listening to.

Hi Frank - thanks!! :D We are hoping Raging Slab will come over here again soon :) :) In the meantime will have to make do with:

Dan Baird/Quireboys - 26 May
    DIO - 28 May
    Glenn Hughes - 10 June
    Blue Oyster Cult - 11 June

Recently been listing to:
    Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock :D Joe Satriani (saw him the other night with Paul Gilbert - WOW amazing!!)
    FUNK - Glenn Hughesparty0010.gifparty0010.gifparty0010.gif
    Gamma 2 - Gamma :bow: :bow:

Alison

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!