Purple streaming at Wolfgang's

• Over at the San Francisco based, Wolfgang's Vault, you can now find a couple of classic MKIII & IV shows on their streaming audio site. There's also a Bolin gig shown as well :cool:

Registration is required to tune-in, but it's hassle free!

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/deep-purple…50120-1748.html

Now, I just wish they'd get around to adding whatever Trapeze gigs they have buried in their archives!

• The entire King Biscuit archive is in Wolfgang's Vault...which is why you will see a lot of familiar shows in their roster. The only minor difference might be is that they are probably uncut and not subject to the time limitations of CD's. The differences are probably small if present at all...

They have two songs from a Cream show on 10/19/68...the same two songs that are on "Goodbye"....;) They do have the rest of the songs from the 10/04/68 Oakland show..dig out your copy of "Live Cream Vol. 2" to hear the remaining 3 (the first three tracks)

There is a lot to enjoy there.and registration is hassle free as Shirean said....take a listen!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Captain's right.
    Look out for Thin Lizzy at The Tower in Philadelphia, 1977.
    This is the uncut and unedited show that ended up being released as Live & Dangerous. The quality is stunning, and the story that only 75% of L&D was actually live is proven wrong here!
    Wolfgang's Vault is a treasure chest.
    :cool:

MEDUSA

• i was just at that site earlier today, listening to a tommy bolin clip. i dont remember seeing any thin lizzy. i too have heard over the years some talk of that not being a true live album. i never have really believed it though lizzy was always one of my favorite bands.

• There are a few hidden gems on that site - The Lizzy Tower show is as good as people say (L+D but with Bad Reputation and Opium Trail. Killer). For those of a soul/funk nature, there is also a fabulous Isley Brothers show from around the 3+3 era so you get Ernie Isley's full blown Hendrix guitar wig-outs, and a great cover of CSNY's Ohio. Worth the registration by itself :thumbup:

• There has been much debate over the authenticity of "Live And Dangerous". Supposedly Phil wanted to redo some of his bass parts because he felt that he made mistakes while singing. Then Scott and Brian wanted to touch up their guitar parts to improve the sound. The album was sourced from several shows; "Southbound" was taped during a soundcheck.

I havent listened to the whole Tower Theater show but I did listen to "Still In Love With You" which sounds like the performance they used on the album. There is a repeated section during Scott's outro solo where he makes a mistake and that chunk was cut out.

From what I have read in various sources, only Brian Downey's drums were untouched in the post production process.

I would love to see a "Deluxe Edition" of this album to be released..I can dream, can't I??

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• thanks for the info. i'm looking foward to hearing the complete show when i'm able to. i've heard that record so many times over the years, i'm thinking that these ears might be able to pick something up if it is different. too bad phil could n't listen to himself more when he sais that " I've got to give it up, that stuff". makes me think of glenn for a moment . thank God that glenn was able to defeat his drug demons, or he might be w/ phil and tommy bolin ( and so many others) right now. glenn took it to heart when he said that "i don't want to live that way again " .
    peace,

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!