F U N K audio preview

• It's really hard to pick just one from these samples as they're all so strong.

Crave is such a great opener, Satellite, haunting and so atmospheric, great for winding down after First Underground Nuclear Kitchen, which is such a dance track; going to have lots of fun with that one! And Love Communion so exemplifies GLENN, talk about a song you can show off to your friends and get them to join the GHCP family :p :singer:

:bouncer2:

Yes Shirean,we totaly agree with you :thumbup:
    Again thanks a lot to both you and David,for
    posting these samples on here for us all :bow: :bow: :bow:
    We can't wait to listen to the whole album in May :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:
    And we think that it will be the album of the year :thumbup:
    Glenn,as we always will say:
    You are the best ever :bow: :bow: :bow:
    Lots of Love :heart: :heart: :heart:

DANI and PETE

:ghcp:

• that funk sample is the one thats kickin my ass -i listened to that and started waiting for the mothership to come down!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :bow: :bow: :bow:

• It takes a few minutes after you hit the magic number to gain access - it's all automated, so Shirean and I don't have to be awake 24x7 :D So you should have access now :cool:

COOL cheers mate. About to try again.

Went back an hour or so later last night, but fingers crossed this time!! :thumbup:

• 4 great samples.

Crave is a great one to open the set with :) :bouncer: :thumbup: :clapper: Has a BTM/SITKOR groove and sound i think. My personal favourite here.

FUNK will get anyone jumping about :D

Satellite, one to chill/rest to after jumping about to the others :p

Love Communion, nice to hear the horns on it.

only thing missing is the other 6 samples! :D

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Thank you David for posting the links.

I listened to the samples and to Love Communion in full (on the Rock the bones CD vol 6). My fav without any doubt is Love Communion. I love the association of a strong bass line with the horns. It reminded me of Miles Davis. Was this made with "real" instruments or with a computer ? Anyway, it sounds just great.

The mix was much much better on the CD than on the samples I heard on my computer's speakers. I couldn't listen to the samples in the best conditions. But what I heard seems promising...I just can't wait for the 11th of May...F.U.N.K. is definitely on my birthday wishlist :)

:ghcp:

• god damn, seem like no one cares that JJ is featured only on two songs! i wonder what happened... he played w/Glenn for something about eleven years and now...? i'm kinda disenchanted... no doubt, it will be "Glennish" album, but... yeah, we'll see. btw, don't get me wrong, i like the samples, but for me, it's something like step backward.

• god damn, seem like no one cares that JJ is featured only on two songs! i wonder what happened... he played w/Glenn for something about eleven years and now...?

You really need to learn to move on mikey. JJ is on the new album and does a fine job. Glenn has and is working with new musicians all the time, to bring the most to his music, keeping it fresh at all times, for us his fans.

Here at the site we're huge JJ supporters and consider him a friend, but we're not going to have this undercurrent of anti-Glenn sentiment floating about, just because he is introducing us to some new musicians. JJ was new once too if you remember, and there were similar sentiments towards him, when he replaced the guys from Europe, but maybe you don't remember that.

This isn't the Beatles we're talking about, but a fantastic collaboration that has produced the goods over the years. They will always work together in one form or another, but for now, it's time to highlight some new blood.

• first of all, although i know that this is not a "let's please purple music" site, let me say that i don't like "God damn''. i didnt even like glenn saying it on "high ball shooter" ( if i hear him correctly) and "lay my body down (live), but, to have somebody on their first post jump in here and bring such negativity to our table is NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT. we are here to support glenn, his music, his friends, fans, fellow musicians OF HIS OWN CHOOSING, and the vibe of this love fest that we embrace , our very own GHPG. we could list all of the fine musicians, that glenn has played w/ and say where are they on his new record. but if this was all we ever did, we'd still be calling for ritchie blackmore. do you expect jj marsh(love him) to have been the guitar player on "fused" ? what about jeff kollman who many, or all of us here have such great love and respect for too. we could cry out for him to. im sure jj and jeff would have accepted whatever roll glenn asked them to take on this record. but they take their job allocations w/ respect for glenn and what he asks of them. hell, why not just kick chad smith to the curb, and lets go get ian paice (love him). surley, glenn must not be able to make a recording w/out him either. what about dave holland, should we just wait until he's available again?? as far as i'm concerned, you need to find another site to go wine on. here we dont think that glenn is going backwards, here we know that glenn "keeps on moving far away" and that's into the future buddy, not backwards into the past. so bugger off.

• ... after the audio samples it's time for the cover

In other news........

If that's the authentic artwork cover for the new album, then there
    certainly won't be any of the Divine/Divide lettering / font confusion
    ..........this time a-round! :)

Thanks, Arjen!

axmuremoticon.gif

• You really need to learn to move on mikey. JJ is on the new album and does a fine job. Glenn has and is working with new musicians all the time, to bring the most to his music, keeping it fresh at all times, for us his fans.

Here at the site we're huge JJ supporters and consider him a friend, but we're not going to have this undercurrent of anti-Glenn sentiment floating about, just because he is introducing us to some new musicians. JJ was new once too if you remember, and there were similar sentiments towards him, when he replaced the guys from Europe, but maybe you don't remember that.

This isn't the Beatles we're talking about, but a fantastic collaboration that has produced the goods over the years. They will always work together in one form or another, but for now, it's time to highlight some new blood.

David... i gotta admit that i was kinda pathetic and sentimental :D but you got me wrong. although i seem like some kind of "anti-Glenn guy" He is definitely my favourite artist and i adore his work with all those musicians. you wrote "when he replaced the guys from Europe" umm, isn't JJ from Sweden? and i guess that is in Europe ;) yeah and purplemusic i know you're right and i admit it but chill out, buddy :) after this little banter, i'm really looking forward to FUNK :lol: peace

• I have to say ....it sounds fantatic. from the clips I would say that this will top Soul Mover :clapper:

Well done Glenn.....truth be told its only thing thats keeping me going at the moment ....been looking forward to this for months and from what I hear i wont be disappointed :claphands

• Yes, yes yeeeeesss, this ithe muic I have always wanted to hear from Glenn, its very much in the "Play me out meets Trapeze" vane.

Just love the Funky style of these tracks just love it. If you do not like "Love Communion" you dont like music.

I really hope this get some air play cause it sounds like a radio hit to me.

From me this music IS Glenn Hughes pesonified, very refeshing.

Thank you Glenn, Michelin stars all round for the Kitchen staff!!!! :claphands

• You are the Music and Play Me Out have always been my fave albums. I'm not too keen on all-out rock these days, so I'm delighted to hear the new songs, a return for the horns and a much groovier produced sound. Great stuff.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!