Tommy Bolin CD: "My Father's Place"

• I just got this CD today...............

Tommy Bolin ~ My Father's Place
    New York City ~ May 22, 1976

Taped from a broadcast by radio station WLIR
    of a TB Band live performance:

1. Teaser
    2. People, People
    3. The Grind
    4. Stein solo (keyboard solo leads into track 5)
    5. Wild Dogs
    6. Band intro: Mark Stein (keys)
    .......................Reggie McBride (bass)
    .......................Norma Bell (sax) [introduced as horns and percussion]
    .......................Narada Michael Walden (drums)
    .......................TB ~ vocals & guitar
    7. Delightful (from NMW album: "Garden of Love Light")
    8. I Fell in Love
    9. Marching Powder (listed as Marching Power)
    10. Lotus

You realize once again, how talented TB was.......

axmuremoticon.gif

• This show was broadcasted live on fm. I have a copy on cassette with the commercials and all. The song Delightful, is one of my favorite tommy tunes. I would recommend it.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Agreed. Isnt it pretty much the same set as on "HE TOMMY BOLIN BAND: LIVE AT EBBETS FIELD MAY 13, 1976"?
    I think "Delightful" is on there as well, havent listened to it for ages. Extremly dynamic performance.
    I can also recommend the song "I fell in Love" sung by keyboardist Mark Stein (Vanilla Fudge) which is a clear masterpiece as well.
    Anyway, will try to get behold of the new CD above too. Sounds like a fair bargain to me.

Cheers

• Live from MFP in Roslyn !!! :claphands :claphands

I cannot even begin to imagine how many gigs I took in there of names before they were names. Too bad it is no longer there, but what a place !!! :singer: :bow:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• I saw the Dixie Dregs there back in 1981...what a show!

Back in 1995, one of the owners of an Italian restaurant in my hometown had the MFP show on tape..he was playing it in the bar one night.

It is amazing that all these shows are seeing the light of day after all this time!

Now give me "The Move- Live At The Fillmore West" and I will be a happy man!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Hell, I'll check in on this one too...seeing what a small world it actually is, as I too saw that Dixie Dregs show...and many others at MFP. That tape of the Tommy show is in my attic somewhere...

• Its great to see another TB piece of work hit the streets. I'm gonna check this one out

thanks!!

Maz

• Is this a bootleg or another Bolin Archive release?

:rolleyes: Let's just say that it's not an official TB Archive release. :rolleyes:

(After all, it "started out" as a cassette tape recording,

taped from a radio broadcast.)

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!