• It is with much sadness that Mel has asked me to inform his friends and fans on GHPG that his illness has, in the last few days, been declared terminal.

His hope is that he may reach his 60th birthday on March 8.

I spent a few hours with him last night, and he's in good spirits. We had a few drinks, a few tears and loads of laughs.

I left him with my spirits lifted and at peace with the situation – a peace he would wish you all to share.

• I am speechless.
    Mel, I can only tell you I will be praying for you and your family.

Frank

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• AND WE WANT A MAILING ADDRESS.

AND AS SOON AS WE GET THIS ADDRESS,
    I'LL BE SENDING A SAINT VALENTINE'S DAY CARD
    TO ENGLAND, WITH MY LOVE TO MEL :heart:

AND I THINK THAT THE REST OF US SHOULD, TOO.

axmuremoticon.gif

• I am very heartbroken and sad to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers will continue to go out to Mel and his family and friends. I have added him and his family to our prayer group list at work as well. There will be a lot of people praying here.

His music has been very special to me in my life and will always be.

• I’m so sorry to hear this, but as I have learned from watching my own father fight with lung cancer this last year, no one’s fate is ever certain, and every day is its own reward, so carry on, live life to the fullest , and know that people’s thoughts are always with you.

Best,

-Marc Fevre

• Any words seem grossly inadequate at a time like this - I wish you peace & serenity.
    Thank you for the pleasure you have given so many with your God-given talent in the past.

Ben

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• words cannot express...........

Mel is a true gentleman and its an honour to have him as my friend.

Quite a few of you have my snail-mail address if you want to send a card over for me to pass on. if you dont then PM me.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• I can't find the adequate words to express my feelings, my prayers are for you Mel.

Pere

• There are several emotions swirling through me right now..just trying to take it in....I could be angry at this cruel thrust at a man that was playing again and rediscovering his love for performing.....I could be sad for his family....I don't know what to feel at this moment.

But I will take some time and lay my thoughts down...for it is writing about it that will ease the pain...

God bless you Mel...

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I got your address Paul and will be putting something in the mail before the week is out. I will be in touch.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!