• this may be of no interest to any of you, but i just thought that i'd through out some usless trivia anyway. when i was comming up in high school, my favorite band was always deep purple. we played around on the cb radio and one of my friends called himself the "highway star" and his sister was 'lady double dealer". anyway, when we would want to go and listen to some musi(deep purple always being my favorite) i'd always say "hey dudes, let's go listen to some PURPLE MUSIC. that always stuck with me and i opened a music store here in charleston s.c. on april fool's day in 1994 and I named it (you guessed it) PURPLE MUSIC! i still run the store, we do cary every kind of purple music, and all of the wonderfull spin offs. and i use the name on here too. once again, all that may be of no interest to most of you, i just thought id throw a purple related dtory out there about how deep purple( including) BIG PAPA himself can have so many different influences on our lives. i guees he was moving my soul long before he was officially the "soul mover"
    peace everyone
    look foward to seeing you in Detroit in a few weeks

• Actually I find the story very interesting.
    Many are fans of Purple, but carrying it to the point of naming your business after them, well that is just plain cool :thumbup:
    Next time I am in Charleston I know who I am going to be looking up and where I will be shopping for music.
    Hey, why not give us your website and maybe some of us would be interested in purchasing some of your stuff :bouncer:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Thanks for sharing that purplemusic. And to call your store by the same name - seriously cool! :cool:

I got 'Miss Treated.' Honest. Still my song :D

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• yes if you have a website for your store put it on here -hope to see you in detroit

• That's a great story, Thanks for sharing it! :cool:

Funnily enough we call our guitar player Patrick Pat 'The Highway Star' once in a while....

Are you selling only new stuff or also used records and CDs in your store?

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• [SIZE=-1]That's a very nice story, Purple. It's always fascinating to hear how things like this live in some form or the other throughout the years.
    [/SIZE]

"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!