Amy Winehouse on TV last night

• Last evening, while trudging through some channels, I saw Amy Winehouse :mad: perform on some MTV Europe Awards show from 2007. After suffering through her 'song', I have to ask others their opinions of this so called 'diva' :confused: Personally I feel you need to be a tone deaf knucklehead to listen to garbage like this, but since she seems to be popular and sells beaucoup records, maybe I am missing something :huh: If there is a saving grace to this songstress, would someone please point me in the right direction :rolleyes: Honestly, if crap like this can sell millions of records, then Glenn should be selling hundreds of millions of records...that is how large the talent gap is here :singer:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• totally agree with you Frank.

she had the best selling album of 2007 here. amazing.

she seems to be more famous for being an unstable junkie with a violent husband.

sadly that sort of thing gets you plenty of press and results in sales.

read http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html for the type of thing that has been a regular occurance here.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• the devil has got her right were he wants her -i gotta say this-does she really think that hair style is attractive ? :confused:

• Hee guys,

Listen to that voice and let the music do the talking.
    What a judgement from all of you. Think about how people judged Glenn in the late 80's.

Listen to the back in black album! One of the best albums I think in 2007.

In Holland we had Herman Brood. A sort of Amy Winehouse, but a great singer/painter/life artist.
    Find out!

• Yes, and he jumped of a Hotel roof cuz his body was destroyed from the years of drug and alcohol abuse :(

Kind of sad if you ask me. I dont judge anyone but it's a sad thing such a talented woman is in the state of shape she's in.

• I think she is exactly where GH was during his turbulent years! I wish her well and hope she finds a way through it. She is a rare talent and the media standing in constant judgement of her are fust fuelling the fire of her current ordeal! Why kick her when she's already down?

• I think she is exactly where GH was during his turbulent years! I wish her well and hope she finds a way through it. She is a rare talent and the media standing in constant judgement of her are fust fuelling the fire of her current ordeal! Why kick her when she's already down?

Been into Amy Winehouse for a long, long time. Sad that yet another great talent is going through such turmoil, but she'll bounce back I'm sure.

The drugs thing - I just don't get it :confused:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• I was introduced to Amy Winecellar by my other half and have to admit that one or two songs really hit home. Sun Goes Down I think it is. Nice mix of funk and soul.

Interesting debate though. San I know what you mean. I was one who saw first hand the effects cocaine and heroine had on Glenn and Tommy Bolin respectively and yes it was dramatic

As a human being, I hope she gets proper help in rehab away from that dipstick co-dependant dealer called Blake. One thing's for sure. I doubt very much that any of us need to worry about her musical merits though for at least another three years. If she tries to do both it WILL be curtains. No doubt.

• hey i didnt say anything to kick this girl when she is down-i still say when your taking that garbage the devil got you right where he wants you- i some of you like her music hey what can i say- but i still say this-that beehive on top of her head is damm ugly to me

• I think I'm blessed to say that as far as I know I have not heard one note from her. She sometimes looks hot, but it's ruined by the fact that she's a complete and total mess. Would not be shocked one bit if I wake up one morning and she's dead. Let's hope not, everybody deserves a second chance and I hope somebody grabs her by the neck and steers her in the right direction.

John

• As with anyone fighting this kind of fight, she'll have a great performance one night and an absolute airhorn sonata the next. There is no consistency.

You can easily name classic after classic that was written by someone under the influence. It's much tougher to names ones where that element does not exist.

It's not to say that any good music comes from sober people (we ALL know that), but many artists struggle with letting it all out and drugs and alcohol are often times the only way many of them think they can loosen up enough to write or perform. This is especially so for younger people who still have the invincibility factor along with a limited experience in coping in a proper manner.

Though I'm not a big fan, I think Winehouse is refreshing for simply not giving a shit and her sales are reflective of other people identfying with Amy because, like them, she is so...frail.

That's The Way It Is

Graham
    Chambersburg, PA, USA

• I totally agree with you Graham. I just think that, considering the hell this woman has got to be goin through, if you're gonna take the effort to post a message, it may as well be one of support considering this site is dedicated to a man who endured the exact same problem!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!