Favorite female singer

• Im another Heather Findlay fan!

i saw Mostly Autumn support Blackmores Night a few years back and bought a cd the next week on the basis of that show.

Heather has a great voice and she is GORGEOUS!

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Another Heather Findlay fan here! I've seen Mostly Autumn / Odin Dragonfly on several occasions, and she's never less than brilliant.....and gorgeous ;)

cheers
    John

• Agreed, Todd.
    Sam Brown has always been mindblowing, even more as her mother "Vicky Brown" has been. Both can be heard on the album "Before I Forget" by Jon Lord of 1982.

I like Jann Arden too, Todd, she was also the one who did the ORIGINAL intro music to "Dawson´s Creek" called "Run Like A Mad" before they changed it from 2nd season on and overdubbed the old episodes on DVD with the new one as well, just for a little background info.

My current fave singer is doubtlessly Susan Tedeshi, who is mindblowing, saw her on stage with Derek Trucks, blew me away.

• It's good to see that there are so many people on this site with excellent taste. It is about time that groups like Mostly Autumn get some recognition.

Besides the gorgeous Heather Findlay, there is also Bryan Josh who is a brilliant guitarist who has many similarities with Dave Gilmour and Ritchie Blackmore and a pretty decent singer.

Mostly Autumn have a new album out this spring and will be touring around the UK so get out and see them if they are in your area. So it is going to be a great year for real music with Glen getting the F.u.n.k out and touring the UK.

• I can't believe that nobody's yet mentioned:

Patti LaBelle and Anita Baker.........

And if it wouldn't cause too much fireworks around here,
    I would LOVE to hear a GH / Anita Baker collaboration,
    (yeah, along the "The Alchemist" lines) of smoooooooth jazz.

Actually, fireworks (of the vocal variety) wouldn't be too bad :eek:

axmuremoticon.gif

• You are right there, Grace. Roger is an Anita Baker nut. We have actually mentioned that same idea betwixt us. LOL :lol:

• What can I say, Susan?

We GHCPs got couth.
    It comes from only listening to the best :rose:

Seriously......practically from day one, a few years ago,
    when I first discovered the "computerized" GH web sites,
    I've been constantly amazed at how many posts from
    other people, voice EXACTLY my own opinion.
    And I'm definely not a "Me, too" kind of person.

Yep, Anita and Glenn would blow the roof off.
    Smooooothly, of course.

axmuremoticon.gif

• Seeing as there were a few Roberta Flack 'votes' here, just informing anyone interested that she is playing Valentine's Day (Night) for two shows at BB King's in NYC :clapper:

Thought there may be some interest for some of you :confused:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• A few of my favorites:

Chrissie Hynde
    Maria McKee
    Kristin Hersh
    Emmylou Harris
    Shara Worden
    Ashley Cleveland
    Karen Lawrence
    Stevie Nicks

• I'm with the late Dio's comments about female singers, but I do like a few and I'm known to sing some of their stuff:

Ann Wilson

Pat Benatar

Janis Joplin

Candace Night

Stevie Nicks

Lady Gaga

probably others too, but other than Blackmore, unfortunately I only listen to male artists.

Miss Night has come a long long long way. I heard her hit a high note last year loud and clear, right in front of me above all the other instruments and I wasn't just hearing it coming through the monitors or PA- I could hear her unamplified voice- right out of her lungs to my ears- in tune, powerful and soulful.

• LIke seeing Karen Lawrence mentioned in the mix. I remember seeing her many moons ago with 1994 featuring Steve Hunter on Guitar. Also like her more recent Blues albums.

Wanted to add Sonja Kristina (Curved Air) to the lists above too.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Besides Stevie Nicks and Cher, I love Hayley Westenra

[ame='

- Hayley Westenra- Prayer[/ame]

who also did a great cover version of "Wuthering Heights" with Jon Lord

Would love to see her in a duet with "The Voice" :bow:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!