Studio Report No. 2

• Here are some pix taken during the recent recording sessions - the new album is on target for a Spring release and final work is in progress and should be wrapped by the end of this month :cool:

GLENN

GLENN

GLENN and CHAD SMITH (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

CHAD

CHAD

Luis Carlos Maldonado

GLENN, CHAD, JIM SCOTT, LUIS and Tech.

GLENN, JIM and GEORGE NASTOS

GLENN

Pictures Courtesy: Gabrielle Hughes

• Wow!!It really does look like Glenn is about to set off on his fisrst groundbreaking"The living room tour".See previous thread....If Glenn could? :)

Also,as the average door frame size here in the UK is 6 foot 6 inches it seems that Glenn has certainly grown recently.See last picture.

• Ah yes, the Living Room tour, I believe Grace was gonna be the Tour manager for that tour way back (to the bone)!!!! :lol:

To see Funky george Nastos in town is a good sign for what G has said will be a PMO/ Feel style album!!!

Cannae wait!!!

• Yes, Chris ~
    Obviously, Glenn wasn't paying attention to my instructions for:
    The Living Room Tour :mad:

Which is why the new album was recorded at the local:
    Rugs 'R' Us store :)

Seriously.......having all that fabric on the walls......
    wouldn't it absorb the sound, as opposed to recording
    in a ceramic-tiled (bathroom-type) studio? Or those
    "bleu cheese" panels usually found in dropped ceilings?
    (Can anybody tell that I'm not a professional musician?)

In any case, we GHCPs look forward to the final sound that
    the guys came up with....including the new guy on drums ~
    Chad's evil twin brother: Ebenezer Smith :eek:

(And thank God........no photograph showed evidence of a tuba,
    and nobody was wearing lederhosen to get "in a polka mood!")

axmuremoticon.gif

• Those pics are fantastic (kudos to Gabi!), and the atmosphere in the studio must have been lovely :)
    I see that Glenn uses a Yamaha bass and an Acoustic too, and it says "Signature Bass" in the description. Is that a new Glenn Hughes signature model? :huh:
    Quite incidentially I have been thinking about buying a creme (vintage white) bass guitar for months... one more reason to get one, at last!
    Looking forward to hearing the first snippets of the finished product! :cool:
    Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• David, where is it being recorded?

It was at Jim Scott's studio.

I see that Glenn uses a Yamaha bass and an Acoustic too, and it says "Signature Bass" in the description. Is that a new Glenn Hughes signature model? :huh:

Yes indeed, brand new Signature guitars from Yamaha, you can also see them over in the Gallery, here and here :cool:

• Thanks so much for the pictures, Gabi, Glenn looks like a man on a mission. I absolutely can't wait to hear this album.
    I have just about gotten down to listening to Glenn only, sometimes Eric Johnson, or my own music - and that's about it these days. If I get a wild hair I've got my Trapeze. LOL This will be an event for me. I'd give my left guitar to get in the studio with the Maestro.:cool:

• Thanks for posting the pics David. And thank you Mrs Hughes for taking and sharing them :)

It is a camcorder I see in the background in the "family picture" ? Does it mean some recording sessions were filmed ? Would be great to see that :thumbup:

David, if I'm not too indiscreet, do you know if Glenn already has ideas for the CD's title and artwork ?

:ghcp:

• The camera you see is so they could see in the control room what we were doing in the tracking room. it wasnt taping though, just a live feed. i must say , and i know Papa agrees, the vibe Jim has created at his place is great , as we were all blown away how relaxed, fun and easy it was. Did 10 basic's (bass,drums,guitar) in 2 days. Wait til you hear it. its great!

• The fact that you said it was done that quickly really adds to the excitement for me to hear it.

I think the best music is written fast because of a clear channel to wherever the gift comes from, and when it's recorded fast it has an intangible spontaneous element that you lose after playing it so many times. When you think it worth mentioning how fast it came (either the writing or the recording) it bodes well to me since I know your skill level and all of ya'll's standards for the outcome is so high. I can't wait to hear it.

• The camera you see is so they could see in the control room what we were doing in the tracking room. it wasnt taping though, just a live feed. i must say , and i know Papa agrees, the vibe Jim has created at his place is great , as we were all blown away how relaxed, fun and easy it was. Did 10 basic's (bass,drums,guitar) in 2 days. Wait til you hear it. its great!

Hey, that's really cool to have the explanation about filming directly from THE drummer himself ! Merci Chad ;)

:ghcp:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!