• As I look back on 2007, and reflect on all things Glenn Hughes, I cannot believe what a wonderful year it has been.

Meeting up with CHIP in March and May for Spring Training, and TODD in Vegas on a baseball trip.

Getting to NYC for Glenn at BB King's and spending time with some of the most wonderful people I have ever met.

Spending time with Wolfy and Capt. Midnight is indescribable, and Ben and Jayne are outstanding people. Vinny is New York personified, which is a major compliment coming from me. Of course seeing Kenny and Carolyn again was awesome. Thanks to the efforts of David and Shirean I got the chance to meet with Glenn backstage, and spent quite a bit of time in conversation with the brilliant Ed Roth.

Now the news of a GREAT new album for 2008 is news that keeps me smiling.

Though there were some tough spots along the way (getting swept in Colorado), and we lost a friend in Kevin DuBrow, I can look back on 2007 as a truly Glenn Hughes Great Year.

Thanks to all who were part of it, especially those here who have become friends from afar, yet seem like they are right next door. And of course, to David and Shirean for making it all happen !! You guys are awesome. Finally, Glenn, you are the straw that stirs the drink.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Hi Frank

Your sentiments are heartily reciprocated - we still look back to that afternoon/night in June with very fond memories :thumbup:

Warmest good wishes to you & Maggie for the coming year :)

Ben & Jayne

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• Hey Frank,

youre so right. that was a special night indeed. what an atmosphere in BBs!

And i was lucky enough to do the LA show and meet a whole other bunch of GH Crazies too.

Glenn has a special talent which attracts special fans.

Shame the Baseball season doesnt take the end of March off or you could get over and see the other Trapeze Legend in action.

2008 is gonna be great.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Good thread, Frank. It's been incredible for me and my family as well.

I had not kept up with Glenn, he was just someone in my past. We talked about him if the subject of best singers ever came up, but life for us had precluded getting excited about music or anything else since tragedy had struck us in 2001 ....it had been quite a rough ride for a while...music and life itself was on a back burner for me. And then our son's natural gift got us interested in helping him find a good influence, a "mentor"....and it had to be Glenn, so Susan went looking for him on the internet. Then finding this board, meeting you incredible people, catching up on his incredible music that so speaks to me - to us all...all that got me inspired to put sorrow and bad habits behind and go back to playing my own music. So I bought some equipment and realize again of course that's where I belong and not a moment too soon....then on top of it finally seeing Glenn again after over 30 years, but this time meeting him....getting a chance to chat with Mel friggin Galley (thanks to Wolfy), my VERY first electric guitar influence - these people had the band that got me started down this road and are part of incredibly important memories and now plans....and especially making the now very close friends we have made on this board.

I'd say that's some year.

Thanks to Glenn and Glenn's God given talent that brought this together, thanks David and Shirean and thanks for the friendship and support of all of you. I am not overstating it when I say it's meant a lot. I'm looking forward to '08 as well.

Roger

• Yes, it's been a special year for me too! ;)

I can say now, as the song goes, I got more than I asked for - I witnessed three Glenn Hughes live concerts here in my country, met him personally twice and had his autograph on a vinyl record. Isn't it amazing? I'm so happy!!!

Beside this I 'met' (virtually though) so many wonderful people on this site and it's been such a thrill to chat with you and from time to time to exchange thoughts and ideas! :thumbup: :lips: :heart:

Looking forward to next year and to many more good encounters!

Wishing you all the very best for the coming year :rose:

Manuella

• I am sitting here at work waiting for my next inbound flight and feeling like hell...went to bed last night and it seemed that all my body heat bolted for the exits....chills like you wouldn't believe. I pile on a few extra blankets and proceed to just roast my way through a restless night's sleep. the glands in my jaw are sore as hell and I possess the vitality of a wet dishrag :(

Enough grumbling for now....

The trip to New York to see Glenn and meet all of you GHCP's was the highlight of a year of change...moving to New York in the fall and more changes on the horizon....The trip up there was cool in itself..I love riding the train and it is too cool to get off the train in Penn Station and walk to the show.

*OK roll the credits:*

Great to see David and Shirean, Kenny and Carolyn, Ben and Jayne, Frank and Maggie, Grace, Vinny, Wolfy, ....my feverish brain is failing me....for a great night in NYC and here's looking forward to the next get together!

I hope you al had a great holiday and here's to 2008 :thumbup:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!