Detroit, MI. February 24th, 2008

• GLENN will be playing another USA live date in Detroit, Michigan with Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers). Joining GLENN and Chad will be Jeff Kollman (guitar) and Ed Roth (keys).

It all takes place on Sunday, February 24th, 2008 at The Emerald Theater in Mt. Clemens (about an hour outside Detroit).

Tickets are now on sale and available from TicketMaster:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/

It will be a memorable event, so I highly encourage you to attend if you possibly can. When more details are made available, they'll be posted right here, meantime grab your ticket(s) :cool:

:bouncer:

• I'll be there, with several friends! I'm really looking forward to the show. I think you guys will like the Emerald Theatre - it's a cool place. I saw Paul Stanley there this past spring. Mt. Clemens seems ok - it's a bit off the beaten path for the metro Detroit hotspots, but there are a couple cool bars near the theatre and the downtown area is small but nice. I'm not too familiar with that side of town, but if people are interested in getting together before the show I can scout out some potential meeting sites for us.

If anyone has any questions about the area (hotels, etc.), just ask me and I'll try to help out - there are some areas you may want to avoid staying in and around Detroit, and there is supposed to be some major road construction starting up in February, which may cause some headaches. Anyway, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. The more people we can get to the show the better!

• I can't believe my eyes! Glenn coming to my area is one cool Christmas present! And I just found out about it on Christmas day! Also with Chad here in his hometown! Can't wait to get tickets and take everyone I can! :bouncer: :clapper:

• if nobody is in my way for vacation time at work i will be at this show!!!!!!!!

• If anyone has any questions about the area (hotels, etc.), just ask me and I'll try to help out - there are some areas you may want to avoid staying in and around Detroit, and there is supposed to be some major road construction starting up in February, which may cause some headaches. Anyway, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. The more people we can get to the show the better!

I have a couple questions that may help out others here as well. There are four of us traveling from NH to see the show!

#1. We are tentatively staying at the Quality INN in Mt Clemens as this appears to be the only hotel there. How bad is this place, and is there a better place to stay.

#2. What the best and closest Steakhouse in the area??

#3. Does the Emerald serve dinner before the show?? I went to their web site and it appears that sometimes they do, but this show is not listed.

Thanks for your help!!

Dan

• dan308:

1.) Staying in Mt. Clemens should be fine. I was more concerned with people staying in Detroit proper or a few sketchy outlying subs. There are nice areas of Detroit, but they are in "pockets" throughout the area and you need to know where to go. Another good area to stay is Sterling Heights - it's pretty close to Mt. Clemens and is a nice area with several hotels. Mt. Clemens and Sterling Heights are the suburbs - not a hotbed of excitement, but you should find enough to do for a day or two.

2 and 3). Not sure of steakhouses in Mt. Clemens, but I think my friend's wife lived there before they were married, so I will find out from them. I don't think the Emerald is a place to eat, so don't expect to nourish yourself there (unless beer is all the subsistence you need!). The downtown Mt. Clemens area around the Emerald should have some restaurants. The Post Bar probably doesn't have food, but it is considered a pretty cool hangout.

I will talk to my friend in the next couple weeks and try to get some ideas of bars and restaurants in the area and post them here. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to help!

• my friends i had the honor of purchasing my first ever glenn hughes tickets today :D (still gotta check about the time off) i still cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :singer:

• Hey Tony,

That is cool that you will get to see Glenn...I have to get the time off but I will do my best to make it happen. I may drive since I will have to take the weekend and have 3 days off during the week.

I am sort of familiar with Mt. Clemens; Grand Funk has played in the area several time sover the years. Be forwarned, especially all you sun birds...Michigan in February can be a very chilly place!

I want to make this happen!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Not that I have anywhere else to be like Chip - :mad: - but I doubt I'll be making the show this time either.

And hey - if the calling in sick thing doesn't work for you, Tony, let me know. I've had an upper respiratory infection since before Thanksgiving (yes, you read that right), and I've been sick enough for the both of us. That way you won't be lying.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to feeling like death on the couch.

Cheers....Todd

• Tried to order my tickets via ticketmaster but as usual, they don't send the tickets outside the US. The only solution seems to be a "Will Call". This means I will have to pick up the tickets on the day of the event and I'm a bit worried. Did anyone try this before ? Is it reliable ?

:ghcp:

• Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to feeling like death on the couch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Death on the couch?"
    No, Todd.
    I'm not laughing at your pain and suffering. (:lol: )

Old-time Italian Grandmother recipe, when feeling miserable:
    Warm up some red wine mixed with lemon juice.
    If drinking this horrible-tasting stuff doesn't cure you,
    set up the CD player for Glenn's snappy version of:
    "See that my grave is kept clean."

(Take care & good luck....I hope you'll feel better soon.)

axmuremoticon.gif

• Tried to order my tickets via ticketmaster but as usual, they don't send the tickets outside the US. The only solution seems to be a "Will Call". This means I will have to pick up the tickets on the day of the event and I'm a bit worried. Did anyone try this before ? Is it reliable ?

Yes, it's usually reliable. Just make sure you bring ID (passport etc) and the same credit card you originally bought the tickets with, plus your email correspondence from Ticketmaster! But I'm sure wolfysmith and others can tell you exactly how it was when they were over earlier in the year.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!