Glenn to play bass on Michael Schenker album w. dream line up?! - wow!

• From Blabbermouth:

Schenker is scheduled to release a new MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP (MSG) album in April called "In the Midst Of Beauty", which will feature returning MSG singer Gary Barden, drummer Simon Philips (THE WHO, TOTO), bassist Neil Murray (BLACK SABBATH, WHITESNAKE) and keyboardist Don Airey (DEEP PURPLE, OZZY OSBOURNE).

• What Schenker has basically done here is reunite 3/4 of the musicians with whom he recorded his brilliant solo debut back in 1980 - Gary Barden, Simon Philips and Don Airey. Only bassist Mo Foster is absent - and I'd be surprised if he was involved these days, simply because he's older than the rest of the guys and his musical tastes are on the opposite end of the spectrum. The rest of them are all very active either with solo careers or with the bands Toto and Deep Purple.

Cheers...Todd

• I'm personally very happy Glenn will not be playing with Schenker. I saw them on the same tour in 2000, (Munich) and Glenn just blew UFO (with Schenker) away. For me it would have been a backwards step.

• Don Airey may not tour with Schenker, but he and the rest of the guys are all still involved. This project will likely be a studio effort only, and a different band would be assembled for the tour. The musicians in question will be busy with their own respective bands Toto, Deep Purple, etc.

Todd

• Posted today by Neil Murray on his own Myspace page:

In January I will be playing bass on Michael Schenker's new album. The rest of the lineup is Gary Barden, vocals, Don Airey, keyboards, and Simon Phillips, drums, all of whom played on the 1980 'Michael Schenker Group' album, so I hope it will be as good as that album!

Michael has announced tour dates but as far as I know, he is using a different band for those shows.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!