What are your favourite Trapeze albums?

• What are your favourite Trapeze albums ?. Here is my list
    Trapeze (1970),
    Medusa,
    You Are The Music We're Just The Band,
    Hot Wire
    and Live At The Boat Club

Ayesha

• Naturally my favourite Trapeze albums are the ones with Glenn but being a 'true blue' Trapeze fan....I like them all!!! I just wish that Live in Texas/Dead Armadillos had been released as a 2 LP set! :thumbup:

• I like Medusa and We're Just the Band the most...but since I heard Medusa first and since it literally turned me on to rock and roll....it's probably my favorite all time album.

By the time I got to the song Medusa and the end of it...well, I've been searching for anything comparable since and never found it. So raw and yet so well arranged, and the execution ....whew...the finest magic dust sprinkled on that one. Getting to see them was friggin awesome, getting to see Glenn last June over 30 years later was awesome, too. I hope I can again. Yea, let's make it in Texas this time!!! LOL :bouncer:

• I just love the song What Is A Woman's Role.

So my fave Trapeze album is oviously from 1972: You Are The Music...We're Just The Band ;)

• I have only the first album Trapeze, with the black and with cover and Medusa on cd. My favorite is Medusa: great songs.
    Wanna buy more in the near future. I guess Your the Music is a good buy!???

• I have only the first album Trapeze, with the black and with cover and Medusa on cd. My favorite is Medusa: great songs.
    Wanna buy more in the near future. I guess Your the Music is a good buy!???

Hi Willem,
    You are the music.. is essential listening, and as others have already said contains some of Glenn (& Mel's) finest moments. You won't be disappointed. I'm still enjoying it after 35 years of owning it in every imaginable format :)

• Today was "Trapeze Day" for me (still catching up with all the albums of Glenn Hughes). I was listening to "Medusa", "You Are The Music...We're Just The Band" and "On The Highwire".

The last one sounded very authentic and put me back in time straight away. Unfortunately the sound quality was a bit odd but I enjoyed the atmosphere of that double-cd-pack. The other two are just fantastic, don't know which one to prefer, maybe Medusa a bit more. That title song is just a freakin' blast! No surprise it made it on BCC 1, I really love it! And - I'm also loving "Seafull" a lot. I've just seen that Glenn was singing this beautiful song in combination with "Beyond the Numb" on "Freak Flag Flyin' Live In The UK 2003", so for me that's the next album on my list. Followed by "Soulfully Live in the City of Angels"...:)
    But - no question - "What Is A Woman's Role" is also a real beauty full of soul!

All in all I was pretty surprised by the Funk & Soul influences in the Rock songs of Trapeze, just great, definitely my thing. To me some songs reminded me a bit of James Brown, Doobie Brothers (just one or two songs) and Mother's Finest who I heard a lot a long time ago. Gheee...that style of music brought back some memories...:cool:

• When i first heard the Medusa album my reaction was wow what a powerful and cutting edge work. Glenn became my favorite vocalist at that point :singer: My personal fave album of Trapeze is You Are The Music. The vibe was so funky and upbeat and that's what appealed to me.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!