• Oh i can' t belive it. For sure it 's a very bad news.

We will never forget you wherever you are. Cos you are deep in our hearts.

R.I.P Kevin

God bless You

AngelZGZ

:bow: Following"THE VOICE" of coast to coast:bow:

• i finaly got home a little early today and was looking at the chicago tribune -i turn the page and there is a picture of kevin smiling back at me from the wrong section of the paper -this is a shock to me -i will always think of him singing and smiling on glenns dvd -that is what ill remember

• It's always a source of frustration and some anger for me when someone like Kevin departs this world. I am truly saddened. When I browsed this post, I was expecting to find a disussion thread about Kevin's involvement with Quiet Riot and his work with Glenn, not his death. Very distressing. I have visions of him now singing on Soulfully Yours...

• http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/…ack=2&cset=true

Friends puzzle over death of Quiet Riot's Kevin DuBrow

Said one: "He did not sound agitated or paranoid or anything at all -- he was just normal Kevin."
    By Greg Burk, Special to The Times
    November 28, 2007

The life of Quiet Riot singer Kevin DuBrow, who died at age 52 over the weekend in Las Vegas, had not been on a completely even keel after he'd broken up this month with his girlfriend of more than seven years, Las Vegas television personality and KXPT-FM radio DJ Lark Williams, according to friends saddened Monday by the news of his death.

Nevertheless, "his mood the last couple of months was stable," said former Deep Purple bassist and singer Glenn Hughes, who said he had communicated with DuBrow several times a week since they had become reacquainted after a 2001 performance by Hughes in Las Vegas. "He did not sound agitated or paranoid or anything at all -- he was just normal Kevin," Hughes said. He added that Quiet Riot's recent tour had gone well.

Quiet Riot
    click to enlarge

Kevin DuBrow
    click to enlarge

Related Stories
    -Kevin DuBrow: 1955 - 2007

Williams said she didn't think DuBrow had any health problems. "He was as strong as an ox, that boy. He ate well, took a lot of vitamins. He worked out, and of course when he performed it was quite a workout," she said Tuesday from Las Vegas. "He never looked better." She said she had last communicated with him about a week ago by text message, with no indications that anything was awry.

As of Tuesday, the Las Vegas police were not investigating the death as a suspicious one. Samantha Charles, the communications officer with the Clark County coroner's office, said that an autopsy was performed Monday on DuBrow and that official determination of the cause of death would depend on results of toxicology tests, which could take six to 12 weeks.

"With everything that's happening," Williams said, "I'm just trying to take care of Kevin's cats."

He had two of them. Said Hughes: "He was crazy about those cats," and Williams agreed -- she said she and DuBrow had picked them out together.

DuBrow was a regular guest at Hughes' ocean-adjacent Los Angeles home. "He was truly like a little brother to me," Hughes said by phone Tuesday. "He was a very, very sweet, generous, kind, sensitive man. Loud and proud, yes, we all know about that, but there was a very personal side to Kevin that I will miss very, very dearly." Hughes helped write the songs on Quiet Riot's 2006 album, "Rehab," and was working on material for DuBrow's next project.

"There's a myth, I guess, if you're a rock 'n' roller, and you're of an age, you're a partyer," said Hughes, his proper English upbringing sounding in his voice. "But I can report that I never saw Kevin out of control, ever."

Hughes said that the residence in which DuBrow's body was discovered Sunday belongs to DuBrow's mother. The Quiet Riot singer lived alone, Hughes noted, and enjoyed the bachelor life, a predilection that contributed to his split with Williams, a tall blond with a photo-op figure who had helped DuBrow try to adopt a healthier lifestyle in recent years.

DuBrow was expected to fly in Friday night for a party at Hughes' house but uncharacteristically had not been in contact for a week. When he didn't show up or respond to messages, Hughes called Williams on Sunday to ask that authorities investigate.

DuBrow led Quiet Riot to the top of the charts in 1983 with the group's hit "Cum on Feel the Noize," which propelled the group's third album, "Metal Health," to sales of more than 6 million copies.

"He was one of the best singers rock has ever seen," said Blackie Lawless, singer-bassist of the L.A. extreme-metal band WASP, contacted Tuesday while on tour in Germany. "He had a voice like a razor blade that just cut right through you. And that voice is now silent."

"He was one of the first people I ever met when I came to L.A.," said Lawless, adding that he'd kept up the acquaintance for 32 years. "Kevin and I had a unique kinship, because our styles were similar, and we were both the same age. The third gig I ever played in L.A. was with him and Quiet Riot, when [guitarist Randy Rhoads] was still in the band."

"Quiet Riot [was] the first real MTV rock band," Lawless observed. "I always used to tell everybody that when people write rock 'n' roll encyclopedias, you'll see your '64 British invasion, the '56 Elvis chapter and the '69 Haight-Ashbury chapter -- well, L.A. will have its own '82-'83 chapter, and Quiet Riot would really be the beginning of that chapter."

Times staff writer Geoff Boucher contributed to this report.

In this crazy world you must change yourself....

Never compare yourself to others - people are more screwed up than you think.

• I was listening to the radio this morning on the drive in to work when they played a brief news report that Kevin had died. I did a doubletake, and still could not believe what I had heard. I met him only briefly in LA at Glenn's DVD shoot, but he seemed like a decent guy. My next thought was of Glenn, and how he would be impacted by the loss of a brother. And then to read in this thread of Glenn's role in getting someone out to check on his friend, and to discover his demise. My sympathies to Kevin's family and friends, and especially to Glenn and Gabi. RIP, Kevin.

• May your light shine on all of us.....
    Until we all meet again.

I wonder if there will be a memorial service that all fans can attend.

Carolyn

• What makes his passing even sadder is that he was found dead while home alone...no one who has put good into this world and was so well-loved deserves a similar fate.
    :rose:

Agreed. I don't want to hijack this thread, my uncle died suddenly a year ago alone and it's one of the things that's bothered me the most about it.

John

• This is very sad. I only read it today when I received the official statement via CTC Mail in my Inbox.
    Kevin DuBrow always appeared to be a real personality and unique character, starting from how tall he was alone.
    My condolences to his family and dear friends.
    Will put on some Quiet Riot now.
    :(
    Christian

MEDUSA

• Just came across this announcement from the Associated Press..........

LAS VEGAS (Associated Press) -- The death last month of Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for the 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been ruled an accidental cocaine overdose. Clark County coroner spokeswoman Samantha Charles confirmed the cause Monday after toxicology results were received Monday.

Dubrow was found dead Nov. 25 at his Las Vegas home. He was 52.

Quiet Riot was perhaps best known for its 1983 cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize." The song, featuring Dubrow's powerful, gravelly voice, appeared on the band's album "Metal Health" _ which was the first by a metal band to reach No. 1 on the Billboard chart.

DuBrow recorded a solo album in 2004, "In for the Kill," and the band's last studio CD, "Rehab," came out in October 2006.

Chip

• I read the official cause of death a little while ago. Very disappointing news. Sometimes you don't know what your own limits are, and it looks like that's what happened here. Sad, and unnecessary.

Todd

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!