Kevin DuBrow

• This is truly a shock. Kevin was a wonderful performer and friend to many here at GHPG. He will be sorely missed.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Very sad to hear. I'm proud to say I've never stopped being a fan of Kevin's work with Quiet Riot. He created music that was fun, and worked with some of the greatest musicians in hard rock - Randy Rhoads, Frankie Banali, Chuck Wright and yes, even Glenn. I had the good fortune to interview Kevin for The Fuze, and enjoyed speaking with Kevin on the couple of occasions I met him in person.

He was a true character who will be missed, and my thoughts go out to his family, friends and fans.

I suppose Kevin's song for his departed friend Randy Rhoads, "Thunderbird", would be an appropriate dedication to Kevin himself on this day.

On your own
    And I'm alone
    In the shadow
    Of what we done
    And I can't help but think
    That someday
    You'll be back home

Fly away, fly away
    To your new home
    Across the bay
    And give your best
    Leave the best thing
    That you've been

Fly on, Thunderbird fly
    Fly on, spread your wings to the sky

Cheers...Todd

• I have a memory of Kevin DuBrow that I would like to share here..When Glenn did the DVD shoot for SLITCOA Kevin, as you all now, did backing vocals for several tracks along with Alex Ligertwood....the visual image of the not-so-tall Alex next to the very tall Kevin was like a rock and roll version of Mutt and Jeff!

As we walked into the studio, Kevin was sitting on the couch with his girlfriend; he asked me how we all got to be there that day. I told him about GHPG and he was genuinely impressed that so many of us traveled as far as we did to be part of the event...

Frankie was there too....I really feel for him today for losing one is his closest friends...."Peas and carrots"..that's how Kevin described his relationship with Frankie.

Spin a few jams for Kevin today folks...

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Wow ... what a surprise when I read this news.

God bless you matey, wherever you are :rose:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• I will make a statement when the time is appropriate....keep his Family in your thoughts.....he was a very dear close friend, a brother to me.......I need to grieve in Private.....

Shine on dear Kevin....

Glenn Hughes
    Palos Verdes CA

• Glenn my deepest thoughts of sympathy you were the first person I thought of when I heard this today. I am deeply shocked and upset, I met Kevin at the Vegas acoustic show in April, 2004 and took the very nice pic of him below. He was very nice to me and frankly answered my questions about who the mystery Riot member it was that was making him so upset, that he had spoken of just a week or two earlier in an interview. His honesty was refreshing in this era of pc sound bites and press releases. Just last night I had the DVD shoot CD on in my garage and I've always enjoyed his work on that.

John

• What makes his passing even sadder is that he was found dead while home alone...no one who has put good into this world and was so well-loved deserves a similar fate.

RIP Kevin...stir up a riot in the sky....:rose:

In this crazy world you must change yourself....

Never compare yourself to others - people are more screwed up than you think.

• GLENN HUGHES has released the following statement to MelodicRock.com regarding the passing of
    Quiet Riot singer, Kevin DuBrow:

• I just stumbled over the thread when making a quick visit here. Havent heard of it by now and Im majorly shocked!

What a great loss for the music, the fans and most of all for the people, especially the ones who knew him in person.

We will keep you in mind, brother, wherever you are, and still play your music. As I did today. I even grabbed my guitar playing some of your tunes.

Rest in peace, mate.

We will all meet again...
    Achim

• Hi,

I just came back from Nottingham where Thin Lizzy and Diamond Head played, and just arrived home I've read these devastating news. A terrible loss.

R.I.P. Kevin.

Pere

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!