Cruising with Glenn

• Just got back, had an absolute blast! The show was incredible, but of course! Glenn played all the old classics David mentioned in his post on the tour section, plus a variety of covers! What a great place to have a show, such an intimate show it was! Not only a great show with Glenn, George, and Danny, but also plenty of time to chat and visit before the show. Glenn, as alawys, the nice, beautiful person he is, was always around to spend time with the fans. I finally got to meet Gabby, what a sweetie she is! They do make a lovely couple. The announcer said it was being video taped so there is a tape of the show, hopefully it didn't capture too much of me getting in the way as I was taking pics LOL! I will write a better review later as I am still working on getting over my sea legs LOL!

Kat

• Shirean is going to put together a few words later in the week.

But meantime, everyone had a fantastic time and GLENN was as warm and friendly as always. T-Shirts (the GH 'LOR' ones) and signed CD's were available which was extremely cool for the US fans who don't get the chance to purchase them very often. GABI was onboard also, so it was a real family affair. George brought along his friend and LA session man, Danny Dougan.

GLENN did strap on an electric bass, courtesy of the cruise house-band, but other than that, it was all acoustic. In fact, the house-band and crew were from Bulgaria (Sofia), so they were extremely chuffed to see GLENN HUGHES - in fact, later on, they even got some of their instruments signed by him :thumbup:

Here's the stunning 16 song set list:

Sunshine Of Your Love (Cream)
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered (Stevie Wonder)
    Ticket To Ride (The Beatles)
    We Can Work It Out (The Beatles)
    To Love Somebody (The Bee Gees)
    Coast To Coast
    Use Me Up (Bill Withers)
    Ain't No Sunshine (Al Green)
    Stormbringer
    Eight Days A Week (The Beatles)
    What's Goin' On? (Marvin Gaye)
    Whiter Shade Of Pale (Procol Harum)
    Let's Stay Together (Al Green)
    Gettin' Tighter
    You Keep On Movin'

Encore
    Superstition (Stevie Wonder)

GLENN with the evening's cruise host (from Wales)!

GLENN and band during Rehearsals

JAYLA (Support band from Orlando)

George Nastos, GLENN and session man, Danny Dougan

SHIREAN and GLENN

MARK from Rochester, NY, GLENN, ANN from Canada and Mark's girlfriend, DOROTHY
  • What a great review of this cruise.Well done Kat and David & Shirean.Wish i could have been there.

Here's to the UK tour and may the Voice of Rock's light shine on for evermore

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

• About those Bulgarian crew members: Ah yes that's what I loved about working with Euro and also Indonesian, Phillipine and East Indian people on cruise ships, when I said "Glenn" if they were rock fans they always knew who it was.

JH

• Thanks Kat and Shirean for keeping us up to date with events (and David, of course). Wonderful pics, nice review.

Doesn't Glenn look extremely healthy and happy? It's 'cos he can't wait to get to the UK. Or perhaps he's here already, as he said he was spending quality time with his parents before the gigs??

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Hey Mark.......two questions:

1. Are you "the ""Mark"" who's the Number One GH fan from Canada?"
    2. And where did you get that great "Addiction" sweatshirt?

PS...Shirl, maybe GH is (hopefully) heading up to Scotland, to play golf??????

axmuremoticon.gif

• Hello all! This is Ann from Canada. The "Mark" in the photo with GH on the cruise is from Rochester, New York. His girlfriend Dorothy is the blonde in the pic. I'm the brunette. I'm the one who is from Canada and am the #1 female Canadian GH fan!!! The cruise and show were aboslutely awesome! Gabi is a doll and Glenn is charming as always. I will be posting photos soon. Ann

• Hi David! Nice to hear from you too! We heard you don't like boats too much! It would have been nice to meet you on the ship! Do you know if we'll be able to get a copy of the video taken of the show?? Take care... Ann

• Hey Kat!! Nice to hear from you! It was great seeing you too. I love meeting other GH fans. It's nice to see people appreciating his rare talent and charm. I'll be posting the pics tonight. I especially love the shot with him, Gabi and the black kitten when we were at the beach in the Bahamas! Take care... Ann :D

• Dear David,

Thanks for the set list. We all in Japan are excited about the Beatles' songs Glenn chose this time.

We all are dreaming HTP to do some Beatles songs durng the next HTP tour in Japan. Can you imagine GH & JLT are giving a beautiful harmony on the fab 4 songs !!

• Hello all Uncle Glenn fans.
    Glenn has the GREATEST fans because he is THE GREATEST!!! A Million thanks to Glenn and the "Bird" for being so hospitable. The most gracious
    performer I have ever met!!! Dorothy and I met
    the two greatest people from Canada!!! Ann and
    Christian. We hung from leaving the airport to going back to the airport. You guy's really were the cherry on top! Look forward to seeing you very soon,and to see your friend Chris. To see Glenn 3 times in 1 year! I feel guilty, for so many have'nt had the great fortune.
    Ann, I want a signed copy of your first CD.
    Grace, a friend of mine gave me the addiction shirt that he got off of the internet. I'll ask him where he got it. You were at the Hard Rock in March? What a show!
    It was the best bingo game ever.
    Shirean, it was so great to meet you! Can't wait till next time.
    Hey.. should've been there!!!
    I'll see you on the other side of the lake.
    I'll see your loonie, and raise you a twoonie!
    Mark,
    Rochester :)

• Hey Mark & Dorothy!! Christian and I feel the same about having met you and sharing the whole experience! We'll travel down ASAP. You can have a signed copy of said cd is you so desire!
    You're welcome to stay with us anytime-just don't mind the Canadian "funny money"! Peace 'n luv... ann & christian HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE TOO!!

• Hi Ann,

Have just comeback from two weeks in Toronto, well Burlington actually. I love it there and fortunatley get to come over maybe every other year. Where abouts are you in Torinto I know the are quite well.

Really looking forward to the London gig, I am taking a friend along hoping he will be converted.

• Hi Mark 3!
    Glad you could visit our fine country! I'm in the West end of Toronto-the High Park area. I've been to Burlington a few times and to London, Ontario many times. I've only been to London, England once in 1981. I was there when the Royal Wedding took place. Amazing how that fairy-tale unfolded. Very tragic. OKAY! On a lighter note-I'm SURRRRE you're friend will easily be converted!!! Have a great time and tell us all about it later! Cheers...ann

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!