Finders Keepers / Montanas

• Stay posted music lovers! As another in his weekly series in the Express & Star, John Ogden is doing an in-depth interview with Mel next week. I'm not sure when it will be published, but it shouldn't be too long in the future.

• Hello John,

That is great news; nothing like two old friends getting together for an interview. I hope that Mel gets to share the buzz he got in performing again and the other positive things in his life right now. I imagine the "other Mel" story will be touched upon but it is the spreading of the word through the press and the Internet that will hopefully close out that sad tale.

I am flashing on the pics in (I think!) the Robert Ellis collection that show Oggers playing congas onstage with Trapeze. I just hope that the tapes of the BBC shows still survive in the vaults somewhere and weren't wiped for another program.

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• When Oggers retired from the newspaper last year, I made a farewell card for all of his colleagues to sign using one of those great Ellis shots. I simply added the words 'Goodbye Johnny, be good!' :lol:

He just works one day a week at the paper now and brings a wealth of nostalgic knowledge that will be sorely missed when he finally hangs up his quill.

• New member and love Finders Keepers. Can anyone help with an MP3 of Sadie? I have the b-side but could probably use and upgrade. Also, has anyone determined the legitimacy of the supposedly withdrawn b-side of the first single, Power of Love? Never shown up anywhere.

• It's strange that the 1968 Finders Keepers single is nowhere to be found... I believe the 1966 and 1967 singles (and b-sides) are on YouTube... Only the singers (Roy Kent-1966 and Ian Lees-1967&1968) recorded those singles though, the rest were session musicians and not the band members at the time (confirmed by Alan Clee, Glenn Hughes)... So for the 1968 single "Sadie, The Cleaning Lady" Glenn Hughes laid down some backing vocals at best.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!