Mel Galley - World Exclusive

• Last night (Sunday), at local music venue The Tackeroo, Mel played a "secret" show :eek: :clapper:

Well, two songs anyway. Thats all Mel's fingers could take as after not playing for so long the skin needs hardening up again.

He was asked by an old friend of his and Glenn's known as Custard Beast to appear at his show tonight. Mel agreed to do one song - Black Cloud :bouncer: plus an encore of Cocaine ;)
    Considering he hasnt played or sung on stage for many years it was brilliant :claphands And all this with virtually no rehearsal with the other guys and one very brief soundcheck this afternoon where they played each song once. Plus the fact Mel has only recently picked up the guitar again.

Mel playing the show was so "secret" that news leaked out and the place ended up have to turn people away at the door.

Luckily a friend of his and GHPG was there to video both the soundcheck and the show ;) :D Plus a few other friends of Mel's took pics and video of the show.

There were people in the crowd recording too so it may end up on YouTube.

Once it gets shrunk down it may well appear on his Myspace page but for now this is all that is available to post. Dont know anything about his guitar before anyone asks!

Just thought that the Trapeze fans on here - and YOU Glenn - would like to know he is back in action :thumbup:

Picture is from soundcheck and one of the very few i took as i was filming.

• Hey Wolfy,

The guitar Mel is playing is the one that was presented to him by the gentlemen who interviewed him for the proposed book about Trapeze. It is a Les Paul Studio model with a lovely figured top. You posted a picture of Mel holding the guitar after it was given to him...Yes, "Search" is your friend!! ;)

Great news seeing him out and playing...got to get those fingers toughened up again! I thought it was especially cool that once the secret got out, people had to be turned away because it was an SRO crowd!!

I am going to go out right now and get a pint and raise it to both you and Mel:cheers:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Yes Bill, its that guitar :thumbup:

A bit more info.

On bass was John Jevons who played with Mel and Tom in a band called The Interns in around 1963 - at least thats what Hackney says in another post i found on here using Search (is our friend :D ) On drums and guitar were John's sons.

In the pic Custard Beast is the guy in the blue shirt and John is the guy with the silver hair.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Thanks for providing the update and information on Mel Galley. I really enjoyed his music and his MySpace page
    :bouncer: :) :bouncer: :) :bouncer: :) :bouncer: :)

Ayesha

• Thanks for the info Wolfy.
    Tell Mel I am glad he is getting back to playing and would love to get a chance to catch him somewhere in the future.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• A little sneak preview is playing on my page.

a bit jerky and not how it is supposed to look but i am messing around with flv files and html and dont know what i am doing exactly!

once Mel has checked over the videos you may see something this weekend.

• A great job that you're doing for Mel Galley. So glad that you got him back on stage where he belongs.

Go Mel!

• the Flash video player is fine now - just a little bit of typing trouble in the code!

I have also added a different clip in Myspacetv just to see what the quality looks like. this is an mp4 file which they seem to have compressed and made a bit blocky. maybe youtube is better?

• I have also added a different clip in Myspacetv just to see what the quality looks like. this is an mp4 file which they seem to have compressed and made a bit blocky.

It's just fine! :thumbup:
    Great clip!!! :cool:

Have you solved the other technical issues yet, wolfy?
    I haven't checked my myspace mail for 2 or 3 days.

Later,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• im having a few problems with :mad: myspace :mad: itself Chris.
    it is taking ages just to login. then dead slow.
    anyone else struggling?

i uploaded the whole of Black Cloud last night from Mel's secret show. 409mb .mov shrunk to 98mb mp4 to just creep under the limit ;)
    this morning it still said processing :(

then later deleted :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :mad: :eek: :huh: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

now i cant even log in :(

• Sounds like time to "clear your cache" :) MySpace are notorious for having their nameservers bounce up and down - this effects the pipes into their "service" - sounds like the one from your part of the world is down, going down or slow coming back up :eek: Although that doesn't explain the video problem, that's simply them, screwing around with 'ya!

Have seen that from here too - it's a royal pain in the ar$e - always happens when you need to do something :sint3:

• MySpace has been working fine here (KNOCK ON WOOD) - can't complain at the moment.
    But, as David says... always happens when you need to do something. Sorry to hear that.

(singing) :singer: Don't you let it bring you down!*

* that's a 1973 song by a UK group on Vertigo Records... ;)
    Anyone remember it?

Chris

MEDUSA

• Absolutely brilliant to see Mel wielding a guitar again!
    Lets hope he keeps it up....

I totally agree with you, gungrog.

Amazing what you can accomplish, to get someone on stage

by threatening to beat them with a stick.......or worse :axe:

Keep up the great work, wolfy!!!!

(And who do I have to kill to get a copy of this?) :)

axmuremoticon.gif

• Grace,

If only a personal courier could take a little package over to Arizona real soon and that part of it could then find its way North to you.

Hmmm, is that possible i wonder ;)

Maybe Chip will be able to help :huh: :D

• Well Wolfy, I am headed East November 8, so may be of some help if the timing works.
    BTW: When is your next Phoenix excursion?

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Hokey Smokes, Bullwinkle! :eek:
    I had no clue that this existed.

But as you know:
    "I WILL BE FORCED TO KILL YOU" is my middle name.
    So I had to threaten everyone, to maintain my legend.
    But the real part of my post, was supposed to be
    how happy I was to know that Mel Galley appeared
    ANY DAY
    ANY PLACE

ANY TIME.

Great for the fans.
    And even greater for Mel, who should be "convinced" by now.
    Keep up the good work, Paul.
    I'm glad that you made him "see the light." :hi5: :axe:

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!