JLT and me on Rockline - Sep. 5th !

• Hey everyone-
    Wanted to let you know I will be appearing on "Rockline", the syndicated radio show on Sep. 5th, with former Rainbow/ Deep Purple vocalist JOE LYNN TURNER! Joe and I will be performing 4-5 of his songs acoustically live on the air. The show airs in many markets, but some of the affiliates don't air it live. You can however, listen live on the internet. Please see the official Rockline site below for full details and schedule. Hope you can tune in and check it out!

http://www.rocklineradio.com

:)

• Great news...really looking forward to hearing the interview and songs :thumbup:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• That sounds cool...I will have to mark that down. They do air Rockline here in Harrisonburg on 98.5 but I don't think it is live...it comes on at 11:30....when you get up at 5:30 that is way past my bedtime! :mad:

I will check the website for the live stream.....Aw hell, I just need to move back to civilization, that's all!! :eek: :thumbup:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Sounds like fun Howie. Hope I can tune in at my end - on my calendar anyhow? :confused:

... Wolfy / Ben / Pete et al?

:thumbup:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Hi all

If you could not catch the Rockline set,as I did being 'in transit' from the US, you can hear it via the excellent Guitars 101. com site at:

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/joe…07-a-61866.html

thanks to Skyttekungen there.

Haven't had a chance to listen to it in full yet but sounds excellent with our Satan & Joe in great form :claphands

Live acoustic tracks are:

Devil's Door
    Stone Cold
    Blood Red Sky
    Your Love Is Life
    Street Of Dreams

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• Hi Paul

Doh....Oh yeah,didn't think to look :rolleyes: ! :thumbup:

The download above does split the interviews/songs a lot better though
    :)

Phew!

Joe Lynn Turner
    Rockline
    Los Angeles, CA
    5 Sept 2007

Total Playing Time (61:56)

01) Interview
    02) Street Of Dreams
    03) Interview
    04) Second Hand Life
    05) Encore ? from Ted Nugent

Live Set

JLT - Vocals & Guitar
    Howie Simon - Guitar & Vocals

06) Devil's Door
    07) Stone Cold
    08) Blood Red Sky
    09) Your Love Is Life
    10) Street Of Dreams

11) Interview
    12) Interveiw
    13) Stroke Of Midnight
    14) Interview
    15) Interview
    16) Closing Credits

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• Tuned into the repeat while on a break at my gig and heard Stone Cold and two of the new songs. Howie was simply amazing on acoustic guitar (and no distortion to help him out) and Joe sounded great! I wish the new songs received the production treatment on the album they truly deserved, they sure sounded good in this unplugged format. I haven't listened to the album in awhile, time to go get it out, but the production ruins it for me.How can an album done in 2007 sound worse than ones done 26 years ago?

John

• I streamed the Rockline program this morning...I am glad that I got to hear it since I was sound asleep when it first aired; I had to get up at 5 a.m. to make a job interview in NYC. Great commentary from Joe and Howie and the acoustic set was just killer. That's what proves a song's mettle; if you can sit down with a guitar or at a piano and get it across you don't need a fancy production to show its worth...the meat and potatoes are already there!

Great work guys..and of course Bob Coburn managed to slip a few HTP morsels in there as well! :thumbup:

Thanks for helping JLT lay it down Satan!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Joe sounds fantatsic as usual

Thanks for the download link!! :D :D

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!