Poll: Acoustic Set?

• Acoustic Set? 56

1. Yes (52) 93%
    2. No (4) 7%

So during the CHAT with GLENN earlier today, GLENN asked how many of you would like to hear an acoustic set, in the middle of the show, when he plays live next in your city :cool:

So, to help out, please answer "Yes" or "No" in the Poll shown above and perhaps it will happen next time around.

• as I said yesterday it would be amazing a whole acoustic set but in the meantime some acoustic songs in the middle of the show it would be a delicious appetizer!!!

Dunno if it's too hurried too add them but it would be amazing if Glenn could do it in the oncoming Spanish shows....

am I dreaming?..........

• I've been lucky enough to have already heard Glenn
    do an acoustic set in the middle of a performance.
    (Thank you, Mike.) :thanx:

So the only possible vote from me would have to be: YES

PS.......and an all-acoustic show would certainly cut down on expenses,
    (one guy - one guitar) bringing a US Tour sooner, rather than later.

axmuremoticon.gif

• A great idea, i would love to hear 4/5 acoustic songs in the middle of a set, how about some of these:

Holy man
    Will our love end
    Coast to coast
    I found a women
    your love is a fire
    This house

Even better would be some Uk dates, it looks like we are going to have to wait untill 2008, three years on from the Soulmover tour!

• Can we set up a poll in which we can request songs to be considered and then vote on them, giving everyone two votes only. That'd be fun.

Seafull.

That's The Way It Is

Graham
    Chambersburg, PA, USA

• Can we set up a poll in which we can request songs to be considered and then vote on them, giving everyone two votes only. That'd be fun.

Seafull.

Feel free graham - you can post polls yourself - look down towards the bottom of the message editing page (when creating a new thread) and you'll see the option "Post a Poll"- just enter in the number of entries you want (default is 4) and it will take you to a separate page, to set it up once you click on "Submit New Thread".

:cool:

• I like the idea of it being just a part of the show. I would miss the "electric" thing. That is a big part of what Glenn is! The funky hard rock stuff would be lost.

But he certainly has enough material to do some of the more soulful stuff acousticly. It would change the flavor a bit before kicking back into the harder stuff.

All in all I think a show like this would better capture the Glenn experience. The total GH experince :bow:

• I can just imagine what an acoustic version of Mistreated would sound like...bring it on, I say! :clapper:

In this crazy world you must change yourself....

Never compare yourself to others - people are more screwed up than you think.

• Having been a part of the Australian acoustic shows ,i give :thumbup: :thumbup: 2 thumbs up .. there is something special ,a certain intimacy about an acoustic show ..... and with Glenn singing ,it is every bit as powerful on an emotional level as a band at full tilt ! perhaps even moreso ... just voice , wire and wood .. where every nuance is heard and heartfelt ... ... Frail and You keep on moving ... with a string quartet .... moved me into another realm .. a friend of mine actually had tears running down his cheeks .........
    more acoustic ... bring it on anytime .....

You guys will love the new soon to be released DVD ...

- Ritchie ( Buddy )

• Absolutely! Ideally.. this acoustic set needs to be a bonus! Don't cut out any of the planned electric set- and make the acoustic songs unexpected "surprise" songs!

The more Glenn Hughes ...the better! 2 1/2 hour shows are not asking too much? ;)

• People PLEASE!!!

Do not vote without your contacts / glasses on!!! Also, avoid voting when hungover, low on blood sugar levels, psychomotorically aroused or otherwise with shaky hands!

I see that already a few have erroneously clicked on "No", when they surely must have meant the opposite.

;)

As some of you, I would also more than gladly attend a completely acoustic show, but perhaps a mix would be the best way to go. Many great songs to choose from for an acoustic set, but outside the Aussie set & mentioned ones I wouldn't mind hearing for example:

- Feels Like Home
    - From Now On
    - Too Far Gone
    - Take You Down
    - It's About Time
    - Still In Love With You a cappella

And as a transition from acoustic back to full force: From Another World :cool:

"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"

• People PLEASE!!!

I see that already a few have erroneously clicked on "No", when they surely must have meant the opposite.

I was thinking the same exact thing!! :lol:

I agree, too, on Feels Like Home...one of my absolute favorite songs....I would LOVE to hear it done live acoustically!!!

• Sounds like a Friday night to me Arnito! :lol:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Well if there is going to be an acoustic set of 3/4 songs. Wouldn't it be great if each night has different set ?? That would be very special :)

Aren't you too greedy, Arjen? Don't you think this would put Glenn in a very hard situation? Or maybe not, but anyway, we must not ask too much at the beginning!! ;)

• Sounds like a great idea. A short acoustic set would be good, Feels Like Home , Big Sky and Rain On Me would be my choices.

• YES YES YES YES.
    I hope to be fortunate this thursday in live show of Valencia.

For example i love to hear:

COAST TO COAST

But i must say a thing. Don't you see that all of come out across Glenn's throat is simply irresistible ?

For sure i'll enjoy every song of the unique. i'll feel all the vibe inside of me cos his marvelous voice make us feel.

ANGEL

:bow: Following"THE VOICE" of coast to coast:bow:

• I would support that idea. Within last few years Glenn's music became heavier, more metal (new group = new sound). And I assume that could add some intimate moments to the gig & let everybody feel the boiling energy - not via amps, but pure... However it will require more charism & power.

• Hey, just think about the WHOLE acoustic concert - just acoustic bass, guitar & voice (maybe drums)... Isn't it challenging?

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!