BolinFest - Saturday Night Set

• Oh my God, what a show! When Glenn agreed early Saturday afternoon to a jam with Rick Derringer, I was stoked. Before seeing Derringer last year, I could have cared less about seeing him. But at the 2002 fest, he blew away all my expectations. This time I knew how special it would be! Wait til you see the pictures...

I just got home and I'm still reflecting on the events of the weekend. I'm sure David and Chip and some others will be chiming in anytime with their thoughts on the Clear Lake shows.

For now, here are some quick highlights for me:

*Johnnie Bolin playing like a house on fire.
    *"Black Cloud"!
    *Craig Erickson's definitive cover of "Stratus".
    *Rick Derringer, firing on all cylinders, laying waste to the place with his unearthly-great instrumental "Rhapsody In Red".
    *Glenn Hughes smiling almost non-stop thru Saturday night's show.
    *Glenn Hughes on his knees, screaming, as Rick Derringer solo'd above him during the jam.
    *Les Dudek pulling off an energized set as a power trio, rocking a lot harder than he did at the recent Orlando 'Velvet Sessions' show.
    *Black Oak Arkansas guitarist Rickie Lee Reynolds, a flurry of fingers and hair.
    *Doing some serious damage to my wallet at one of the greatest CD stores I've stepped into in my life...yes, in Mason City, Iowa of all places!
    *Paying my respects at the graves of Tommy Bolin and Glen Buxton, as well as the Buddy Holly crash site.
    *Spending this special weekend with the best friends I have, enjoying the best music there is.

Cheers to you all...wish you were there with us.

Todd

• "...Wish you were there with us."

Nice post Todd!

(Not as much as we wish we'd been there though LOL!!!!)

love

TC

• Todd seems to have died and gone to heaven, TC. Our turn soon ... though we'll leave the dying bit a few years down the line! I hope to see Glenn's performances at least fifty times before then. We need to catch up with David.

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Oh man....

Now that I am back in school,I can't travel to shows for a while yet. I am so glad that those of you that got to make the trip to Bolin Fest had a fantastic time! I wish I could have been there! Sounds like Glenn was totally jacked and having a blast!

Todd mentioned Rhapsody In Red which is a killer jam from the DBA CD that Rick Derringer cut with Tim Bogert and Carmine Appice. I bought that not long ago and really enjoy it! And the set list....you guys must have been over the moon!

Hey Todd....congrats on finding that primo music shop! it's like when I go back to Long Island and go to Slipped Disc Records in Valley Stream NY. My wallet sets my pocket on fire every time I go in there!

Wish I could have been there...and the pictures are dynamite....as usual!!

Yours In The Funk

Bill Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!