Tahoe and Texas......

• So does anybody know exactly in what part of Lake Tahoe,
    David Coverdale lives?

Could his home be in danger, or already destroyed
    by these horrendous fires?

And closer to home.........
    .....let's have a report from our favorite GHCPs from Conroe, Texas.

Unless Texas has already been washed out to sea :(

axmuremoticon.gif

• Hi, Grace!
    A few minutes ago I went to DC's site and read his postings. 2 days ago he said the fire was still far from his home, but obviously visible from where he lives. I presume since he is still posting, that his home is intact. There is a web page for information, but I could not enter it.

So, really, what is going on there? I start worrying!

I found some information here http://www.inciweb.org/
    I think that fire is under control now!!

• Thanks for checking on us Grace. Roger and I are ok...Conroe is just north of Houston (I actually work in downtown Houston)...the Texas flooding is central Texas...around Austin. Of course, I understand rains are headed this way for the weekend...so things could change by Monday. LOL Seems like it has rained a lot more here than usual, though.

Any Austin folks on here?

• Don't forget about the UK, Greece and Australia right now - they're facing similar extreme global warming problems too - rain, fire and snow!

• Three of my siblings live in San Antonio....I talked to my sister the other day and she said they have had a lot of rain...it is very lush there; unusual for a Texas summer. The really bad storms are north of there..seems like every few years, the skies puke rain down in mind blowing amounts and it is Flood City! Olmos Park is usually underwater because of the dam that is south of the park.

For the non-believers...global warming is very real!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Hi All!

Greetings from a very wet Sheffield! :(

We have been one of the worst areas for flooding. However, i am lucky because i live away from the flooded areas and have been more or less unaffected. Predicting another bad weekend so the wellies will be out.

Hope you are all well.

Best wishes

Paul

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!