Hughes/Thrall 1982 SF Bay Area

• HUGHES-THRALL BAND
    Student Union Ballroom, San Jose State University, California - Saturday, November 20th, 1982

HUGHES/THRALL BAND
    Old Waldorf, San Francisco, California - Monday, November 22nd, 1982

Pictures Courtesy: Rob Sample

These two are a teaser for a bunch of pictures we finally tracked down from an old friend, we haven't been in touch with in nearly 10 years!! Thanks to Rob, we're able to share these unique and collectible photos from the two shows Hughes/Thrall played in the San Francisco Bay Area back in 1982.

In the next week or two, we'll put the others on the site...close to 50 of them

Thanks Rob!

• Cool photos, look forward to seeing the rest of them. I was at that show seat #158. I asked Glenn after Music In The Park if he remembered that show & he did, Hey you never know.

Rick

• Excellent photos

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

• Oh man..what a blast it is to see these pictures! To think what could have been if the promotion had been there for the album...I bet they put on a scorching show!

I imagine that this question will be answered with the posting of additional photos...but did Hughes Thrall tour as a trio or a quartet;did they have a keyboard player on the road with them?

Guitar Player had an issue on the "Best Of The 80's" and they paid tribute to the Hughes Thrall LP as being one of the lost classics of the decade. Keeping in mind that this is a guitar mag,most of the praise is for Pat Thrall's playing and killer tones....but to see this album get the praise it so richly deserves is fantastic!

I was so inspired by the recent posting of the promo shots of the band that I had to give the CD a spin...seduced again!! I would love to hear this properly remastered for CD!

Yours In The Funk

Bill Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Just briefly Bill...yes indeed, a quartet! There was also a keyboard player with them on that tour...I believe he is Peter Schless, but I'm not positive on that - perhaps when I post the rest of the pictures, someone can confirm! He also provided backup vocals as evidenced by the pix!

Oh, and a young Tommy Aldridge is seen on the Drums!!

• Tommy always did seem to look 60 !!

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

• Thanks David!!!
    now I can't take Hughes/Thrall stuff out of my cd player...Highway star is actually quite nice bootleg, sound quality isn't close to perfect or even good, but anyway....white soul is really rockin' black!

Br,
    T

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!