• Hi All-

I have some very sad news to report. Glenn has lost a big fan, I have lost one of the best friends ever... Most of the core members here know of our friend Larry Briggs. He and his wife Heather came with me to the DVD shoot... in fact, if it wasn't for them I may not have been able to go. You may have noticed that he has not been able to visit the site -as he used to (and same for me). A few months back thier life was changed forever- they lost their 4 month old infant to a crib death, just after attending Larry's son's wake, Larry lost one of his best freinds from East St. Louis (who had moved down here to Texas a year ago)... a double whammy. Their lives were just tore to pieces. Slowly, they have put it back together... things were going well- Heather is pregnant once again, life was getting back to normal. We recently went to see a very important concert (for us anyway)- when we saw Heaven and Hell... and Saturday, Larry took his new Harley to a Molly Hatchet show just outside of Houston. I was to meet him there after going to the Astro game, but it ran too late. I got a call the next morning asking if he was with me or if I had seen him- by mid afternoon we knew there was trouble.. He and Heather were to go to Galveston that afternoon to see thier much anticipated "Monte Python" performance... 3 to 4 PM we finally got word of Larry's demise. He had run off a dark rural road and crashed into a parked vehicle. We are all devestated..He has so many very good friends and a wonderful family. They and Heather really needs your prayers- they have gone through so much. I'm sorry for bringing such sadness to this forum. I'm sorry if this is inappropriate, but I know so many of you knew him here and would want to know. Rest in peace my friend...

• Tragic,words are not enough at times like these, I feel for everyone right now.

We should appriciate the love we have in our lives and cherish it daily.

I hope Heather and all those personally affected by the sad news can pull through this.

• Its hard to find my words again after reading this sad letter. Please send my condolences to the family and friends as we all (or the most important ones here...) knew Larry Briggs from his postings and some even personally. I´m still in a state of shock and deeply saddened. Larry, we will keep you in mind, wherever you may be now..

Achim

• My thoughts and prayers go to Heather and the family.
    Rest in Peace Larry Briggs. You were a huge contibutor to this site. It's a sad day for all of us.

Live and let live

• There really aren't words after reading news like that.

I never had the pleasure of knowing the man but I sense he was of the same high quality as all those I have met from here.

He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

• My heart goes out to Heather and my heart is truly saddened by the loss of a friend.
    Larry, you will be missed.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Some of us knew Larry personally.
    Some of us (like me) knew him only from the postings here.
    But that doesn't stop us from grieving for a member of "our family."

Our thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.
    May God give you the strength that you'll need.
    And try to remember the happy memories that you have.

:rose:

With love,
    Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• That is just so horrible, it left me feeling numb. My deepest, most heartfelt condolences to Larry's family. May they find the strength to get them through their (and our) terrible loss.

In this crazy world you must change yourself....

Never compare yourself to others - people are more screwed up than you think.

• I am so sorry to hear of this terrible news,Mark, and obviously my thoughts & condolences go to you, his family & friends.

Life can be very cruel.

Ben

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• Please send my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Larry Briggs. I did not know him but did read his posts on this site.

My thoughts & prayers go to you in this difficult time. Remember the happy memories that you have.
    God Bless.

Sincerely,
    Robert Lewis

• Never met Larry, but prayers to Heather to give her strength to keep on moving.

Life is so fragile.

That's The Way It Is

Graham
    Chambersburg, PA, USA

• I'm so sorry for your pain Mark. And my heart really does go out to Heather and the families involved.

I lost one of my very best friends in an almost identical tragedy not too far back and we said goodbye to him with 'End of the Line.'

God bless you all :rose: :rose: :rose:

Maybe somewhere down the road aways
    You’ll think of me, and wonder where I am these days
    Maybe somewhere down the road when somebody plays
    Purple Haze

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• I feel like we are all one big family here on GHPG. Our love of music has brought us together as friends yet few of us have actually met. When one of us has bad times, we all feel it.

My thoughts and condolences to the friends and family of Larry

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Some of us knew Larry personally.
    Some of us (like me) knew him only from the postings here.
    But that doesn't stop us from grieving for a member of "our family."

It's true I am only here about a year and only read a few postings by him but such a tragedy shocks every heart and as Grace said we all feel the grief for the loss of a member of this family

I do know how useless words can be in a moment like this, so I send a silent long warm hug to Heather and all their family and friends from the bottom of my heart, you are in our thoughts

Inmaculada :rose:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!