San Jose Music In The Park Pix

• Music In The Park - San Jose, California - Thursday, July 10th, 2003

Lots more pix to follow tomorrow...meantime, here's a brief run down...

It was a great performance this evening...with a special note about GLENN's bass playing...funky or what...it's been a while since we've seen him so loose with it

Here's the set list:

Burn
    Mistreated
    Gettin' Tighter
    Stormbringer

Would of had A Whiter Shade Of Pale too, but the Pat Travers set went on longer than planned!

They closed the show with GLENN leading the band on Smoke On The Water, with Pat Travers on guitar and Wishbox behind them.

It was also great meeting rick once again and finally a face to face with Marc Fevre...it's only taken nearly 10 years We'll post a bunch more pix tomorrow (today)

• The return of Glenn Hughes to San Jose for the 1st show here (I think) since Hughes/Thrall Nov. 20 1982 was a big success. P.T. & Robin both played killer sets priming the audience for Glenn. Glenn's set was short but the crowd loved it & I think Glenn appreciated the response.
    Glenn looked happy, there was a big crowd, the sound was excellent, the sun was shining, what more could you ask for.

David it was good to see you & Shirean again & to meet your friend Robin, see you somewhere down the road.

Rick

• I did say Hi to ya. I was the guy with the shirt that had a picture of Joey Alves. It said "Joey Rocks". I told you my name and said I was from the Meniketti Board, but you could not understand me. The Music was loud. You had a bewildered look like "who is this guy?"

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!