Which complete album should Glenn play live?

• From Now On or BTM - but only because i have seen him tour in support of the others and heard 4 or 5 songs live already.

I really think that Talking To Messiah could make a comeback because its just a great funk rock song with a killer riff chorus and fits in perfectly where his songs are at right now.

Whoa, Wolf, you hit the nail on the head. I think Talkin To Messiah is possibly my favorite song. Of all rock songs. It indeed has it all....I could see Trapeze doing that song if they were together now. I wonder why? LOL
    Can you imagine how it would slay people in concert? :clapper:

• Not to mess up anybody's "vote" for a complete GH album,
    but "The Innocence" is on this month's GHPG.net jukebox.
    If you weren't able "to get it" from some computer finagling,
    listen to it now.

So, just to hear that ending (beginning at 3:43)
    .....LIVE.....I would vote for "Fused."
    (GH wanted a "Fused" tour, but....... Anybody wanna' beat up Tony Iommi?)

And to be able to hear "I don't want to live that way again"
    .....LIVE.....I would have to vote for "Addiction."

But I really, really don't care.
    Whatever our boy chooses to sing, is OK with me :rose:

• I'd vote for Building The Machine, Music For The Divine and some stuff from Feel that hasn't been played live yet.
    I totally agree that songs like Talking To Messiah, but also Maybe Your Baby, Livin' For The Minute, Coffee and Vanilla (played just a little heavier, maybe) or Speak Your Mind would go along well with the more recent stuff.
    Actually I will put Feel into the CD player right now... :cool:

Cheers,
    Christian

• I'd vote for M4TD, if for no other reason than because it'd go along with his whole idea of promoting the new stuff and hopefully expanding his fan base, at least here in the States (if he did, in fact, tour here).

• Return of Crystal Karma
    I would like to hear "It's Alright", "Gone"and "This Life" in live.
    It will be great :cool:

And "Play Me Out" or "Music For The Divine", if it possible to play with real string ensemble.

• I would love to hear Play Me Out live, but I guess that will happen only in our dreams.

I love what Glenn are doing right now, and I hope the last tour was recorded and that Glenn will put it on a cd. Some of the vocal parts on the last set is wonderful. I just love it!

Krister

• R.O.C.K. is my choise.
    Addiction, The Way It Is, From Now On would be fine too.
    Glenn should play more songs from 90´s and drop those Purple/Trapeze songs.

• I hate it how two albums later, artists drop songs from a huge album that's only a few years old, or even worse dont do any tunes off it at all. Jorn Lande's Worldchanger was a major major album, yet the track listing from his 2006 live show in the US, which is coming out on CD, didn't include one song from this masterpiece. Totally mindblowing. I would have seriously freaked if I went to that. How could he? (Yet there were Whitesnake covers in the set........blechhh.... No complaints though about Glenn's set at the Whiskey, the show was so good, I am not going to nitpick at all.

John

• It would have to be Play Me Out.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present the Los Angeleees Cut Off!"

Always puts a smile on my face.

• That is cool..Glenn did that intro as a teaser during the show he played at the Hard Rock Hotel in 2003...I can't remember what song he went into...but if I recall correctly, he did say "Ladies and gentlemen...I present the Los Angeleees Cut-Off"..

Someone who was there...tell me that I am not delusional ;)!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• That is cool..Glenn did that intro as a teaser during the show he played at the Hard Rock Hotel in 2003...I can't remember what song he went into...but if I recall correctly, he did say "Ladies and gentlemen...I present the Los Angeleees Cut-Off"..

Someone who was there...tell me that I am not delusional ;)!!

You're absolutely correct Bill :)

He also played the bass lines in jest :p during the soundcheck at the Whisky just last month :cool:

• Hughes/Thrall without a shadow of a doubt. An awesome piece of songwriting in partnership with his mate Pat Thrall, and simply an outstanding AOR rock classic. Go for it Glenn, 'cos "I've got your number!!"
    :bow:

• I really hope that maybe in 2009 Hughes/Thrall 2 will be released . Then Hughes/ Thrall are touring worldwide and play both albums live :singer:

Second Dream :
    Addiction Live , filmed on a good location and released on DVD .
    The Band : Glenn - Vocals and bass , JJ and Marc Bonilla on guitars , maybe Gary Ferguson on drums and Hans Zermuehlen on the keys . Special Guest on Blue Jade and I don't want to live that way again : Steve Lukather .

I know that this will never happen :confused: but it would be cool .
    Klaus:bow:

I know that I've been sometimes wrong
    I feel my faith is growing strong
    There is a place that I belong
    These are the days of avalon

:guitarmet:guitarmet:guitarmet

• Glenn's intro of "Ladies and Gentlemen...I present the Los Angeleees cutoff!" is about all I'd want to hear from 'Play Me Out'. Next...

HUGHES/THRALL is the album I'd most love to hear performed live in its entirety. "I Got Your Number" would be worth the price of admission alone. Then the pulsing "Look in Your Eye" with that catchy falsetto-tinged chorus, the stomping riffage of "Muscle and Blood", " the easygoing spirit of reflection in "Coast to Coast", the hard-rocking Police vibe of "Hold Out Your Life"...I could go on. What a solid, impeccably produced and performed mix of power, pop and soul!

If I had to choose a true SOLO album, it would be 'From Now On'. Ask me later, and it might be something else. LOL

Cheers..Todd

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!