Glenn Hughes Sells Out LA and NYC

• FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    June 7, 2007

GLENN HUGHES SELLS OUT LA AND NYC

TRENTON, N.J. - Glenn Hughes took over Los Angeles’ Whisky a Go Go and New York City’s B.B. King Blues Club this week with two wildly successful shows.

The sold-out shows - in support of his latest album, "Music for the Divine" - were Hughes’ first significant US shows in many years, and drew devoted fans from throughout the US and as far as the United Kingdom and Japan.

Hughes was joined in LA by his friend and musical cohort, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, with whom he worked closely on "Music for the Divine", before Smith jetted off to Japan for several Chili Peppers shows.

Prior to the B.B. King appearance, Hughes dropped by the XM Satellite Radio studios for a live appearance on Eddie Trunk’s program on XM’s Boneyard Channel (photo available).

"I want to thank all the fans and media who came out to see my sold-out shows in LA and NYC," said Hughes. "I was overwhelmed with the reception I received. It simply brought me to my knees. I have been touring the world for the last 10 years as a solo artist and was longing to play in the country that I am proud to call home. These shows will set the blueprint for more shows across the USA. I genuinely was taken by surprise at the intensity and the reaction of everyone who attended. I want to thank my brother and partner Chad Smith, and my band Jeff Kollman, Ed Roth, and Steve Stephens. The shows were soulful, funked up and rocked out GH style, and I loved that it was an ‘in the moment’ vocal event. I love you, my American brothers and sisters, thank you for welcoming me home. I hope to see you very soon in a city near you."

[align=center][FONT=Times New Roman][size=12]###

• Personnally, I think once Glenn has done the other yet to be announced U.S. dates, I think he should "end" his U.S. tour right back where he started......THE WHISKY!!!! :bouncer: :clapper: :bow: :claphands :D

mount the handlebars on the headboard and ride baby ride!

• If you've never seen him, you have no idea!

I went Monday and there arn't words.............

One of the great talents you'll ever see!

I'm still in disbelief.

• in the Trapeze stomping grounds of the south,
    never mind going back to NY and LA.

....never mind going back to NY....

What's that quote from that movie?
    "Be afraid."
    "Be very afraid."

:axemurderer:

axmuremoticon.gif

• Im pretty sure he could sell out similar sized venues in the Trapeze stomping grounds of the south, never mind going back to NY and LA.

Ummm....it seems that you forget who's govenor of California.........Don't make send Arnold after you!!!!! :cool: I'll be watching the Whisky website for the date..............:p

mount the handlebars on the headboard and ride baby ride!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!